Help on Octatrack with internal flex recording

When I internally record from master track ( since new update ) The sound is barely audible
recording on flex track src3 - T8
Just trying to re-record my first 4 tracks into one track… I used to be able to do this no problem, but now when I do it the sound is just a straight line I have the original octatrack .

My problem is very similar to this one

Heres what all audio looks like when I record

and heres my settings

recording setup 2 fin 0.063 fout same QREC PLEN

Thanks.

Welcome @Solidusgear

MKI ?
Do you press Midi as @Microtribe mentioned in the thread ?

Update #2
press midi instead of the red record button… user error. Internal recording (SRC3) is triggered with the midi button. Doh.

1 Like

Also I follow EZBOT method from this video in case you want to know what settings i’m using… following the correct steps etc… Thanks

I’v been puzzled for the last hour about the MIDI comment on that thread because i’m not sure how that reply about midi ended up helping him… i’m not recording the MIDI or using MIDI at all in my octatrack. just trying to record samples from inside flex machine. Thanks

Track + Midi is the combo to trigger SRC3 recording.
How do you start recording ?

2 Likes

I have my recorder on T7 i press record and then T7

Pressing the MIDI/PART button would just send me to the MIDI Channel that wouldn’t help me do anything.

everything I do is the same thing EZBOT does in that video I put a link too. Thanks

Wow that actually worked WTH why did they change it to this? in the update? Cus this is not how I used to do it.

THANK YOU!

1 Like

Always have been like this, at least since 10 years.
I can’t see any related update.

Track + REC AB (or CD) are combos to trigger IN AB (or CD) recordings.

You probably recorded IN AB / CD, audio outputs bleeding in inputs.

Which update was this?

Internal track bleeding in inputs?!

Also, just to be sure: are you speaking about an MK1?

Make a test. :wink:
Play something loud, record inputs, normalise.

Damned, not good news.

I don’t like to normalize sounds in general as it can change dynamics.

Bleeding is more important with inputs. Play something loud in IN CD, record IN CD for instance.
You can even see it with leds.
Worse on IN A and IN C on mine.

I made another test with CUE OUTs, less bleeding, still there.