Internal source : extremely low volume recordings

Hi,
I have a mark one OT, and although I have no problem recording an input source with a flex machine, when it comes to recording an internal source with the src3 setting (whether it’s a thru machine, another flex, the master track or main), the resulting audio is almost inaudible. In the audio editor, the waveform looks like it’s only written negative value samples (it shows as a tiny rectangle only BELOW the 0 horizontal bar). I’ve searched this forum and noodled with all amp or levels I could think of, but without success yet. Is there a burried settings page I might have overlooked somewhere??

Thanks!

Check your recording settings to make sure that SRC 3 enabled like MAIN or CUE etc. If it’s blank you wont get anything.

Check gain In the audio editor as well

1 Like

Yes, I checked both of these settings: in the record settings, SRC3 is not blank, it’s set to a track that’s playing audio (either T1, master/T8 or MAIN), and the INAB and INCD sources are blank. The audio editor’s “gain” I think is only a zoom on the waveform, not actually changing the audio, right?

Wrong. The gain setting in the attributes section of the audio editor (when pressing [FX1]) tells the OT to attenuate or amplify the sample in addition to all other gain staging possibilities.

5 Likes

Oh I see, thanks. I just tried with that setting as well, maxing it out, but still getting the error. Do you know if there is a basic working template I can download and learn from? I’m really puzzled by this one…

Thanks for clearing that up.

I made a quick video showing the problem, hopefully you can spot something there :

Thank you!
EDIT: sorry the sound source is annoying, I just picked something random quickly…

Me, too (when watching the video), especially the weird negative offset. If you turn the OT off and on again and try it with a new project: will this still happen?

If you turn the OT off and on again and try it with a new project: will this still happen?

I just tried it and the problem is still there.

Sorry to hear that. Then it’s time to contact Elektron support I guess.

1 Like

@sezare56 Would you have an idea for my colleague @Bulien ?

1 Like

Is it possible there’s a rogue scene at play here somehow muting it?

No, there is no scene enabled, I double checked.

Very odd indeed. Did you get any where with electron support?
I’ve just come across a weird thing where recording external or internal inputs results in super low level recordings. Can’t figure out why,!

Update @Bulien I’m getting the same weird low level offset thing you are getting. Power cycled, new project. Quick recording mode.
But- if I use grid recording, everything works totally fine as normal, no issue.

I’ve had my OT since 2015, never had this problem before. I’ve been on the latest OS since its release.

Update #2
@Bulien press midi instead of the red record button… user error. Internal recording (SRC3) is triggered with the midi button. Doh.

2 Likes

You’re my hero.

1 Like