Help me decide what to sell

My fellow 'Nauts,

I know beforehand that this is somewhat of a silly question because what I am thinking about selling is like comparing apples to oranges but… I need to downsize my studio and something has to go. Dammit @Callofthevoid for helping me think twice :sweat_smile:

I need to decide between an OB-6 KB or a Moog Voyager Electric Blue KB.
Can’t keep both, not a keyboard player either. Also own an OT, MD UW+, Vermona Perfourmer MK2 and MN B&G modular system.

The Moog and OB complement each other well but again I cant justify owning both (unless I sell something else).

I know it’s specific to individual taste and workflow but looking for some words of encouragement as I hate selling gear. I mainly like to jam when I have the time.

Want to keep my modular and Vermona (I love LOVE its sound).

Thoughts, comments, criticism all welcome :slight_smile:

Sell the Voyager. Unless you really love it or need the sound it makes. I have the VXL and it has been repaired twice now. Flip it while it still works and you should get a decent price.

2 Likes

Sell the Voyageur - it’s monophonic isn’t it?

The OB-6 is far more versatile.

I’m also biased as I believe there’s nothing special bout Moogs. Keep that in mind :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sell the car.

6 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

All very valid points gents…

I think the OB is more versatile no doubt. The Voyager is just p0rn to my eyes though. And because they dont make them anymore, I’m worried I’ll regret it once its gone. I literally bought the last new one in the UK… 3yr warranty too.

Don’t sell the Moog! :imp:

1 Like

I dont think you can part with either.

The complement each other so well… Maybe sell one of the two to buy a desktop version would be the prudent thing to do

1 Like

Maybe start a ‘synth beasts’ rental company and rent each of em out on rotation :wink: Free up space and earn some ££ in the process… If only ideas like this worked out :wink:

2 Likes

Moog has just gone out of production so will probably go up in value in the next few years IMO. OB-6 for this reason!

Yeh sell the ob6. The moog voyager is a classic.
I was recently playing with the old school version and I really got it into vintage territory- I love the old school.

1 Like

Sell the machinedrum

That’s a crazy reason to sell :wink: Sell whichever you use less… Don’t buy/keep gear like buying shares :wink: Im not very familiar with the voyager but is it not something you can get the essence of for way cheaper with a mother 32 or other moog voice synth? Even the behringer moog clone coming up might cover you? Doesn’t seem to be as easy to get in oberheim territory for cheaper?

1 Like

Everyone keeps the Black & Gold Make Noise Shared System? :wink:

I suppose everyone thinks it wasn’t up for the elbow.

Sell the Moog and buy the inevitable 1/4 priced Behringer that will appear in a couple of years!

Do the “box things up test” though. I didnt listen to the suggestion first time around and sold tonnes and regretted most of it. Earlier this year I realised I wasnt using some things so boxed them up. Didn’t miss my AR so moved it on and don’t regret it.

There’s just something a little more difficult in selling a piece when it’s hooked up and you have to unplug and pack it up. It’s just sad! So try things in stages. If you miss that Voyager then you know its a keeper for example. You might find you can part with a few things.

2 Likes

its a fair point re packing this stuff up and seeing if missed or not. Sometimes its just refreshing to sell gear and see a much more simplified studio; one of my issues is that I have too much to handle at any given time.

1 Like