Help me decide what to sell

Yeah I know the problem well!!!

I say pack it all up, stick it in the loft/garage/wherever. Downsize and simplify and give that a go for a few weeks. Maybe you’ll hit a point where you think “I could do with a killer mono/poly” right now. Maybe you won’t! But it’s the shittiest thing when you sell something and regret it within days and slowly but inevitably wind yourself to buy it back again!!! And repeat the process… haha!

1 Like

I’d sell drugs. They’re the most profitable option.

1 Like

Just offering an economic perspective, plenty of reasons have been offered relating to creative use, and both synths have their pro’s and cons, . Personally I’d hold out on the Voyager and get something cheaper as a poly in the mean time, maybe a blofeld, then further down the line if you really wanna change back to an ob6 the voyager could sell for enough to get two OB6’s, then chain 2 of those for 12 voice mayhem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments everyone… real tough choice but decided to sell the Voyager considering I already have the Vermona (essentially 4 mono synths) and the MN system…

I know i will regret it but :slight_smile: oh well

3 Likes

Looking forward to hearing more of your OB-6 recordings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sell me your perfourmer.

1 Like

It really is just THAT good :blush:

2 Likes

Daaamn, I never paid much attention to the Perfourmer but you guys reminded me to check it out again and it sounds beautiful here -

Want…

Off topic but have you used an AK/A4 to compare the sound of the Perfourmer with? I’ve been happy with recent sounds from my AK but I love the character on that Perfourmer video. Wondering if half of that has to do with it being recorded with a phone mic, I’m a sucker for lofi :wink:

Do you sequence it with CV?
Tell me more I am considering pulling the trigger. It sounds fabulous but I also have a Juno 60 so worried about overlap. I see it as possibly a better solution to going with stand alone semi modular.

@Callofthevoid
I used to own both an AK and an A4… completely different beasts - for one no presets! Its not the mic, the synth :wink:

That guy has some beautiful sequences if you look at his other videos - he’s done a great job. I suppose the only real similarity is that it has four voices.

@Cosmic
Not yet, I’m waiting for my Cirklon to arrive so for now it’s midi through the OT.

Get one and dont look back - you will not regret it. The sound is super fat and warm - its hard to describe. Think of it as four rudimentary single OSC mono synths which can be used in unison to create one monster four osc synth. Its architecture has some limitations but what it does it does phenomenally well.

The best part about this beast is the different play modes that allow you to cycle through each of the synths per note - you can get some crazy mad arpeggiated sounds. Also, the synth is completely multi-timbral which is awesome for jamming. And you can mix and match for example have synth engines 1,2,3 on midi channel 1 and synth 4 on midi channel 2.

I use four OT midi channels for each of the synths… its nuts.

And the filter???

Oh man, the filter is just so lush and smooth. It doesnt go into Moog territory when you crank up the resonance but it doesnt matter bec the sound it makes in my opinion is MUCH sweeter.

I got this for £1k with CV option before Brexit.

3 Likes

Sounds amazing in that video. Thick/warm. Ugh, maybe next year…

I assume its great for bass duties too.

:+1: :+1:

1 Like

I have been comparing it to erebus, mother 32 and once you buy 2-3 semi modulars you are into perfourmer territory price wise so seems to me to be a good alternative option and to me sounds far superior to some of the semi modular solutions soundwise.

In the spirit of our discussion and the Vermona, I recorded the following jam. This is just the Vermona, all four channels playing simple midi patches. As you will hear, the S&H LFO on this thing is so damn sweet. The output is also mixed in with the wet signal that’s processed through an Eventide H9 pedal for that spacey echo delay :slight_smile: :

https://soundcloud.com/nikarga/vermona-spacetravel

1 Like

WOW is all I can say. Sounds fabulous.