Analog Heat MKI/MKII 1.20

ha … good one. I was like “…just let me see where to insert … damn, what is this ? aha …usb c - ” Will get my kid’s iPad back then …

Just had a very quick test with ipad over USB, seems to work nice, but more testing needed. Nice to have an alternative to overbridge for those of us who don’t use it.

9 Likes

Yes, that was a snarky dig at the PR, but I was referring to this thread:

3 Likes

will be interesting to try with an organelle/raspberry pi pd set up

2 Likes

If It can send and receive MIDI and audio to vcv Rack on the iPad i will be a happy man…

7 Likes

Thanks Elektron for preset management and class compliant audio on the Heat!

Just wondering if this OS/Overbridge update will help with my concern here:

Will this sort of FX loop be possible now?

1 Like

Do i need to save/export currently saved presets before update?

Thanks elektron! heat just became my fave iOS audio interface :diddly:

heating up korg gadget and resampling back to zurich, yes pls

time to buy that USB-C to USB-B cable

2 Likes

I just upgraded my AH Mk2 to OS 1.20, but it seems not to be correctly recognized by Windows 10 on my laptop. In the Windows preferences menu, “Elektron Analog Heat MkII” shows up among the connected devices, but it also says “Driver missing” (“pilote indisponible” in French). Any idea what could be wrong?

Ok, but what is the benefit of being class compliant?

now the heat works as a soundcard for iOS, android and linux devices. Also guessing (more like hoping at this point as havent yet upgraded mine) that latency performance might be improved from the previous coreaudio/ASIO driver… no wait, class compliant devices still need a driver for windows?

Word combo you won’t see often elsewhere :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I tested with ASIO4ALL and with DirectSound on windows it work well

4 Likes

Me too! Why is this so hard to implement?

Do we have a workaround for this?

3 Likes

Ok, but to be honest I don’t use IPAD as a sound generator at all, they are quite digItal and thin sounding.

Hence the added heat?

4 Likes

I noticed latency / stuck trigger using a trick with Trigger Threshold CC16, going from 127 to 0. Offset needed, hassle to edit.

Env mode change triggers too (Change AD to AR or FLW). Same behavior apparently. Maybe a better midi workaround?
I could trigger AH with A4’s CV without problems so I didn’t search more…:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

:confused: will try it! Proper implementation would really be helpful!

1 Like

did upgrade process deleted your presets on AH?

I updated mk1 , presets are fine.
I’ve been updating elektron gear for years , cannot remember loosing anything.
Maybe I’ve been lucky , maybe I should do a backup…

Nah…

6 Likes