Hardware / Interface IO Questions

It’s true, and so another 2 conversions and possibly more DAC racks…

slippery slope!

+1 on the workflow advantages advice. I had a Midas F16 a while back. Sounded great. Excellent eq albeit a little cramped. Fan wasn’t much of an issue. What bothered me was the drivers. Conversion was fine but latency was pretty substandard. But that’s not what made me get rid of it. I just realized that I couldn’t hold down a mix on it over multiple days. My kids would mess around with the faders and I’d lose progress. I have an RME UCX now and it’s been really solid. Totalmix is amazing once you get your head wrapped around it. You can route anything to anything pretty much including loopback. Only thing it doesn’t do is record to usb which is the realm of its bigger brother ufx. That’s where I could see something like the Qupac being really nice.

I am faced with the decision to sell my Midas Venice F24 (which I love, but I am moving house and won’t have room - unless I put it on the floor under my (soon to be) small desk / studio space in the corner of a living area (for 2 years until our new house is built). The dilemma is what to get:

RME UFX or 802 (I used to own the UCX) so I know Totalmix quite well and found the drivers to be great and good latency.

Qu Pac - people seem to be raving about this at the moment - the routing seems great, and I do have FX, modular, synths that I like to inter-route, and having routing scenes would be very useful.

Behringer X32rack (I can get one very cheap locally)

What is worrying me is that I tend to have some tracks playing / VSTi’s playing from my DAW as I jam and record. Currently with the Midas, I run at 128 samples buffer and it’s fine mostly, but I have not found any user experiences of using the DAW and the Qu Pac at the same time. I am wondering if it is not really geared for this, or should I really just look at the RME.

I would really appreciate any thoughts,

Cheers guys