Hard/Softcore - single cycle waveform tools for Digitakt et al

I still didn’t spend much time with this, but…

I couldn’t understand how to approach Hardcore without it being too much of a luck-based exercise. I get the feeling I’m not geek enough (or simply not smart enough? :sweat_smile:). Should I just export a lot of diced waveforms? I wouldn’t even know how should I tweak them.

And with Softcore I’m not sure what I should take out of it that I don’t already have with that huge waveform pack - I think Adventure Kid is its name(?)

If there was a way to make chains I believe I could use it to quickly produce lots of waveforms and that way explore it better. Also add (illusion?) of waveform modulation on the machines (done this before on the MNM, loved it)

Or if I could export quickly with a shortcut and then chain them with octachainer.
Maybe there is a shortcut for saving that I missed? On Mac OS cmd+S didn’t work.

PS Edit: also I hope it’s obvious I’m not criticizing the tool itself. I would love to know one or two ways how to approach this for a start.

Free…

https://waveeditonline.com/

4 Likes

With that thread title I immediately thought this forum was heading down a different direction to capitalize on “Only Fans” recent decisions.

Can anyone help importing Single Cycles at Audioterm?
16-Bit PCM, not sure about the loop points, made some with ocen audio… Audioterm always throws them out of the folder. I`m on mac.

Are they tuned in C ?

Cool tool - thanks! (edit: only tried softcore so far)
I am in a situation where I need to have a bunch of single cycles and so I thought I’d give this a try.
One thing I’m missing is an octave selector - might be a cool setting in the settings box to choose octave. I know I can double / halve the sample length, but it might be cool to let the app do this internally so it can handle rounding errors more appropriately.

I can’t get it to make sound either - MacOS Big Sur. I’ve got a working midi and audio setup over here, but not for this app. Am I crazy for thinking it’s weird to see the DLS Synth as a MIDI input device (I thought that was an output device)?

1 Like

Does anyone have a copy of this that they could post?, I lost it in a reinstall.

1 Like

pls share a copy!

I missed this too. I’d be interested.

It´s still possible to download, see here:

1 Like

Just found this tool! the dedicated website for this gives a DNS error (it’s probably not around anymore), maybe you want to link to this thread from your website then! it’s too good to 404! :smiley:

Updated main post with new links, now hosting the executables on fors.fm instead.

12 Likes

can’t believe i didn’t find this until now! amazing tool! cheers!

1 Like

Does this still work? I can’t get it working on my M1 mac (on Monterey)

I can’t get either to run on macOS Ventura, on an Intel. Running either app brings up the “damaged” warning, despite running the xattr -cr <path> command.

:cry:

@mpicard @Octagonist

Looks like it doesn’t meet the new security requirements for apps etc on newer versions of macOS, but you can run it if you do this:

1. Open your System Preferences and navigate to Privacy & Security
  2. Choose Developer Tools and add the app to the list
  3. Open a Terminal window and copy in this: xattr -d com.apple.quarantine , then drag the app to the Terminal window which enters its path. Make sure that the space is in between the command and the path!

That worked on my M1 Macbook running macOS Ventura 13.3.1
It’s running incredibly slow on this machine though, just a heads up.

7 Likes

Thanks @Ess that did the trick! (I also notice it is a little unresponsive and sometimes hangs on M1 Pro Macbook running 12.6.5)

I revisited Hardcore a few days ago. Thanks again @Ess for this amazing little application!
The downsampling options (in the settings menu) are awesome!

Assembling wavetables for the Micromonsta from Hardcore single cycle waves with Audioterm is a lot of fun, especially with some of the filtering, format filtering etc. from Audioterm. Athough it needed some tinkering. The waves saved from within Hardcore don´t have loop points and thus Audioterm throws them in the unrecognized folder. You just have to save them again with loop points. In Wavosaur for example you just click Tools -> Loop -> Create Loop Points and then save the file.
Even with 16 or more single cycle waves it doesn´t take long. Just drag all the scw into Wavosaur and then process, save them, close the file and process the next one. Just a few clicks.

I can´t get audio to work in Softcore and Hardcore needed some back and forth with the audio driver settings. At first it only wanted to use the built in monitor speakers, but after a few click arounds and closing and reopening the application it worked with my audio interface. :slight_smile:

@ess is this still available anywhere? The link is going to the old site, and is throwing a 404 error. I’d love to give this a spin. :smiley:

Still available from here

… But honestly, this software is past its due date :slight_smile:
(Would be fun to make a new version though …)

1 Like