Hanging notes?

I updated to 1.21 and had a hanging note once in the many hours I have played, it occured when DN was slave to the MD master (MD sending cc’s to 8 parameters of TB), MD midi out to TB03 - TB03 out to DN and stopped MD seq and wanted to make a new track on DN to jam with. The hanging note thing seems a bit more stable, but think it also has to do with the voice allocation settings. Haven’t tested with an external keyboard controller yet, maybe I’ll try with minibrute later

Have the same issue - Ableton 10.1 to Digitone 1.21 via overbridge (don’t think this is relevant in this case as the issue seems to do with DN’s handling of MIDI in, not overbridge).

Have noticed when the hanging notes occur, the voice page on the DN is showing as the notes as on. I sometimes have to hit the stop button multiple times (e.g. 5 times) to clear the notes depending on how many are hanging.

I’m getting the same in Ableton, slaved to Ableton clock. Only happens when ableton is playing.

I’m having the same issue when running midi out through ableton into my digitone.

Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.21 : bug reports

Same issue here too. Even sequencing only 4 sixteenth notes in a bar, one to each beat, one track only, dynamic voice allocation, Ableton master, Ableton sequencing. There is definitely something not right here.

I’m a jammer hardware guy, hate computer so I don’t have ableton experience, anyway try to lock your voices according the ones you need! Dont set it to dynamic, I had clicking voices with those settings… Think that will help…but that doesn’t resolve my issues and many others I think! Come on Elektron fix this shiiiit!
Edit: maybe they need to set all voices to mono instead of dynamic on all blank patterns! like within the A4 and you choose when you want poly on a certain track!!! That would fucking solve the many issues users are encountering I think! @Ess

Locking the voices doesn’t change the behavior. It’s not a voice allocation issue.

mkay buggy shit ffs, hope they will fix it…

again hanging note(s) when jamming with MD and DN, MD out to DN in, latest firmware, MD sending a few cc’s to DN!
Don’t you think it has something to do with DN fx settings?

just reporting back.

I raised a ticket with Elektron, and they are able to reproduce the hanging notes for Digitone via Overbridge for Ableton 10.1.

they were unable to reproduce the issue with Digitone and MIDI over USB.

this suggests to me that there are at probably two issues - i.e. (a) hanging notes via MIDI / USB, and (b) hanging notes via Overbridge Ableton.

if are you able to reproduce the issue with MIDI over USB (as in Digitone > Settings > System > USB Config > USB MIDI) with an external controller, I’m sure the guys over at Elektron would love to hear from you!

when the notes are hanging, you can see the voices being allocated in the “lips” page. if this was a FX thing, i wouldn’t expect the voices to be showing as allocated? (given Digitakt has a shared FX bus, and the FX are not per track)

if i was to guess (was a software engineer a long time ago), it feels like maybe “MIDI off” events are not being processed correctly? fact that it’s intermittant reminds me of threading / race conditions.

i dont have an external midi controller that is easily accessible (sold my Kawai VPC1 for an Yamaha C1X TA). if I get some time tomorrow, I will move my Digitone to the music room and see if I can reproduce hanging notes from my C1X MIDI DIN (not USB) out…