šŸŽƒ Halloween track challenge

Thank you! I really like the melody as well. Itā€™s a combination of 3 different melodies from the soundtrack (mostly 1 melody chopped up & a stab from 2 other melodies, each with a diff delay).

The soundtrack is really good! Will probably play with it again :sunglasses:

1 Like

Iā€™m glad to see that others have found this to be a fertile source for musical samples. Iā€™m kicking around some other ideas as well. :wink:

I wonder what Stephen King and Tangerine Dream would think of our collective tributeā€¦

3 Likes

Well, I tried doing a track at 80 bpm and I am not a fan of that slow of tracks. At any rate, here is my submission. Enjoy! Lots of great stuff on here, gotta listen to it all. Happy Halloween!

9 Likes

excellent track! I need to get on your level. When the drums come in, pure vibe

2 Likes

haha that video cracked me up. Some quality use of the ā€œRainbird Nod/Sour faceā€! And really liked the track too. Bravo!

3 Likes

Thanks man.
When I made the final edit to the vid and it lined up, I almost shouted out loud, but of course it was (past) midnight, so I had to hold it in.
Drums on the DT, chord on MM, cut off modulated/ OD lead on M32, the rest is from the film.
Jammed the arrangement a couple of times, then used some clips I had previously taken using VLC to fit it all to the audio track using Windows Movie Maker - getting things working okay with that clunky software takes patience! And hopefully distracts people from the lack of work I put into the track:rofl:
And of course, I could just leave out Rainbird and his perversity.

3 Likes

Happy Halloween everyone!

I omitted the 2 tracks that were said to be WIP. A poll plus additional comments will be added in an edit later today. Iā€™m thrilled with the quality and the number of tracks that were submitted and Iā€™d like opinions on putting this all together as a non-monetized youtube release and as a batch of mp3s we can share.

Props to @Anfim for getting us started with the 1st track, and so early I should add.

And now for your listening pleasure, the tracks in the order they were submitted:

#1 @Anfim

#2 @Snipecatcher

#3 @Snipecatcher

#4 @amku

#5 @Sebas

#6 @J0n35y

#7 @nionmu

#8 @jete

#9 @nionmu

2 Likes

#10 @konputa

#11 @Sherelle

#12 @guga

#13 @Fin25

#14 @sezare56

#15 @waftlord

#16 @mightlife

#17 @Sharris

#18 @Cepheid

8 Likes

Smooth

1 Like

A fine collection of efforts!

How easy would it be to do a drop box for sharing an MP3 of these? Iā€™d love to have them on the go - genuinely really enjoyed all of these entries. Listened again to my track this morning - itā€™s no world beater but I was actually still quite happy with it. That never happens with me!

5 Likes

I just realized I had to re-enable download permissions on my soundcloud account. Heads up if anyone else hasnā€™t looked at that recently.

Mine is fully downladable. Iā€™ve also had a word with the guys at SoundCloud to make sure their servers can deal with the ensuing stampede of download activity the track will generate.

So go nuts.

6 Likes

My level? Your track is sooooo good! Weā€™re our worst critics, I see everything thatā€™s wrong with mine. I love a lot of my stuff when itā€™s just me listening, I see potential, but the second I share it with the public all the flaws stand out.
Itā€™s good to share thoā€¦these battles are really what got me to put myself out there & I improved a lot because of them!

4 Likes

Drew would be proud

3 Likes

That was a lot of fun! So many great submissions, I thought. Canā€™t wait to do it again. Bad Santa for a Christmas battle? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a good call. LOL. I was thinking some Rankin & Bass classics might be good too.

ā€œI want to be a dentist!ā€

2 Likes

Seriously though, wheres my prize?

4 Likes

What is the price btw?
A free dental care by @konputa? :nerd_face:

1 Like

Letā€™s take a vote.

Every contributor gets to vote for one of the 18 tracks. We had a total of 16 contributors with 2 persons submitting 2 tracks each.

One of our co-conspirators is coding a form for us but weā€™re well into the evening in Europe and I wanted to give you a chance to vote before the end of the night. Send me a DM with your choice of best track 1-18, Iā€™ll tally them and make an announcement.

I decide on the winner if we have a tied vote.

1 Like

Like 16 votes, perfect draw? :slight_smile:

1 Like