Greetings, I'm new here

You’re the caretaker. You’ve always been here.

3 Likes

Thank you, people! I will use the search function before asking specific questions.

3 Likes

Welcome welcome. Since you have an A4 on the way, be sure to spend some time in this thread:

6 Likes

I’ve already been reading it and it seems like this thing is an absolute beast.

2 Likes

There are always the manuals on elektron.se if you want to get familiar with what the machines are capable of doing.

As far as getting along with it, just friendly advice.

The A4 especially has a love/hate relationship to it, many fluctuating between sessions with the gear.

One day people will be like “not enough sweet spots” to “OMG! This is the deepest synth I’ve ever used!”

So start slow with it. Take a moment before jumping right into patch creation and take a lovely autumn stroll down the premade patterns, then kits, then sounds. Make your first few sessions with the synth as enjoyable as possible before getting down and dirty with the sound design of it.

3 Likes

Welcome!

I haven’t used either of those, but there are so many talented and helpful people here.

Have fun with your new machines!

2 Likes

Welcome to the machine

3 Likes

Welcome aboard!

A few random tips:

1. Don’t buy another thing till you are really comfortable with Elektron workflow
  2. Actually, I would start with AR only, it’s easier to get used to the sequencer, switching from Grid Mode to Live Mode.
  3. In Live Mode, learn to turn knobs to introduce variations and sculpt your loops (you’ll be doing parameter locks aka plocks this way)
  4. In grid mode, hold a trig and tweak the values (plocks again)
  5. I save all my favorite patches (Sounds in Elektron speech) in Bank P so that I can load the whole Bank in the sound pool, rendering such sounds available for sound locks (hold trig, turn level knob)
  6. You have to understand precisely the relationship between Patterns and Kits. There are Tabula Rasa projects somewhere to start with a 1/1 relationship between Kits and Patterns (links bellow)
  7. Take the time to understand how things are saved. A Sound in a Bank is indépendant from any project btw.
  8. In a default project, when improvising, my most used move is: save current Kit, copy pattern, hold change pattern and paste, jump to new pattern, save Kit as new.
6 Likes

Welcome! This here is sort of a best of how to get good sounds out of A4:

2 Likes

Hello. Glad to have you aboard.

2 Likes

Great tips here. Thank you!

2 Likes

Welcome! :wave:

Just gonna quickly point out the most important threads of all:

2 Likes

Now that’s something I can get behind :+1:
Welcome :wave:
Got some sounds to listen to?

1 Like

Not that I’m proud enough to post here just yet. I’m into modular so you know I never finish tracks, lol.
Played a live set this summer with push3 and a 7u that I was pretty stoked on and of course didn’t record it.

4 Likes

You can start with this :

And welcome @brut_zero!

The graphics have changed since this video, though.

1 Like

The Current Sounds thread accepts recordings that one is ashamed of, I know this as a personal fact

6 Likes

I’m working one one long soundtrack to my life, one jam at a time.

2 Likes

Your A4 will play very nicely with your modular, both for sequencing and as an effects unit.

1 Like

Just grabbed the Synapse for an elegant interface between the 2