Good Hypnotic Techno

Try this thread

2 Likes

Yes but i’m also interested to hear the breadth of qualities that define the label from person to person :slight_smile:

I love this kind of sets during the first hours of a slowly filling dancefloor.

1 Like

Of more recent artists, SNTS has that something hypnotic. It’s one part always moving and rythmic, but that static gaseous reverb. Kind of dancing, but staring into empty space vibe. I’m going to see live in Valencia in April. Unfortunately, have to ignore the Boiler Room zombies in this video:

Of previous generation of artists, definitely Robert Hood, Maurizio, Basic Channel, Chain Reaction Scion for me.

1 Like

Hypnus records been already mentioned. The Luigi Tozzi albums are great. Try also Donato Dozzy’s stuff (especially K)

2 Likes
3 Likes

So GOOD!

1 Like

Yes, indeed. Found it today and was reminded of that thread.

POLAR INERTIA is great also.

3 Likes

Been listening to a few Claudio PRC sets lately. Very good at that smooth consistent deep sound without either being too boring or too eclectic, for when you’re just in the mood for rolling deepness!

4 Likes

Speedy J has been good at making hypnotic yet throbbing & pounding techno tracks from time to time…

This is one of my favourite hypnotic ones I’ve heard by him, please feel free to point me to others!

1 Like

There’s so many but I feel like some DJ’s particularly nail it. Svarog for instance is a master of hypnotics.
Here’s one of my favourite sets from the last couple of years by Klara/Vedis. Recorded on the shores of a giant lake.

1 Like

not traditional hypnotic techno but check out Florian MSK, personally for me i’ve never heard anyone coming near as far as how he creates atmosphere and landscape…

1 Like

Deffinetlly worth giving a listen to this techno live duo based in Barcelona:

Apparently they are also using different Elektron boxes among other tools too as this article reads :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just discovering Mike Parker, great stuff

2 Likes

Yeah really great artist, in the pure sense of the word… his stuff may be samey but to me it’s in the same way a series of modern art paintings are samey - he’s exploring a theme deeply. Super cool sound to use in the mix too.

1 Like

Cool interview with Luigi Tozzi here The Memoir: Luigi Tozzi — Hypnus Records

1 Like