Glou-Glou Loupé - Looper Pedal

Damn, this sounds so good!

1 Like

It really does. I’m in. I was the “midi sync naysayer” …but I’m totally in for the bizarre, instant wildness of this thing.

2 Likes

Alright, a vid featuring a looped Volca Sample instead of just guitar. This time it’s on using the Scroll function for re-composition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxnYcX-bfnA

Andre LaFosse is working on his own demo videos for the Loupé. He’s an expert on looping with the EDP (Echoplex Digital Pro), if not the most knowledgeable user alive of that device, aside perhaps from Mattias Grob himself. The EDP reportedly inspired the design of the Loupé.

Anyway, I asked Andre about the frequent use of the white buttons in these videos, because I wanted to know if there’s a hands-free alternative. I wouldn’t want to be squatting down more than half the time if I’m looping my violin or guitar on this thing. He quickly replied, stating that the functions those white buttons are mapped to can also be mapped to the footswitches.

1 Like

That’s cool, just add some extra footswitches and it is good to go. And since all of the footswitches are assignable, you could put lesser used functions on the white buttons.

My impression is that the design of this pedal is pretty much set. Not that I would complain if it sprouted like 2-5 more switches by production time - but I wouldn’t hold my breath on that.

On another forum Andre stated that the expression pedal input is the only means for external control of the pedal, so no chance of “adding switches” that way either.

1 Like

Got it. I had misconstrued your other post, and thought that he was saying you could add external switches.

1 Like

So here’s the relevant post:

Basically, the only type of external control available is the expression pedal, for Feedback and fading/cross-fading/“soft replace” things.

As far as accessing the primary functions, it’s just the physical controls on the unit itself. No external control.

BUT! Any function can be assigned to any switch OR button, and each preset bank (called “games” in Loupe parlance) can have its own dedicated combo of those.

So, you could have one bank where the functions are exactly as labeled on the front panel. The next bank could have nine different pitch shifts, mapped to all nine of the switches + buttons. The next bank could have Momentary Replace on the Multiply button, Toggle Replace on the Insert button, Subdivision-Quantized Replace on the Overdub button, Cycle-Quantized Replace on the Undo button, etc…

3 Likes

Diggin’ this chill jam with Loupé and friends.

5 Likes

The first 90 Glou Glous got snapped up pretty quickly yesterday.

Will be interested to see how capable the new Loopler on the poly digit is, another contender in the EDP space.

2 Likes

Just wanted to pass this on from an email I just received from Glou-Glou. Next batch not until October, but pretty cool that you can preorder without paying right now.

Dear Glou-Glou followers !
First batch of Loupé is already sold and shipped.
For those who have been frustrated, you can now pre-order for the second batch.
Just go to glou-glou.org and follow the steps.
No need to pay right now, you’ll be asked to pay when units will be ready to ship.
Estimated shipping date is October 2021.
Thank you all for the support !
olivier

1 Like

Lovely. Really nice work. Quite moving. Thank you.

1 Like

I received and email today from Glou-Glou, that the original pre-orders were missing important information for customs and whatnot, and they are asking everyone to redo their pre-order. So if you had already placed a preorder, then you will have to go back to the site and place it again. And if you were thinking of preordering, then it is re-opened, and both colors are currently available. Still shipping October 1st.

Edit: They also mentioned that Knobs will be doing a video this summer. So that should be cool.

2 Likes

I’m curious if there’s any more users who’ve had Loupe for a while now who can talk about their experience with it. I’ve got one on pre-order for Dec. and am digging for up to date anecdotal info. I find most of the videos of it being used to be super musical, which is encouraging.

1 Like

New video up about syncing other devices to the Loupe using its pulse sync output. In this example they sync a Korg Volca drum.

2 Likes

wow, thanks for bringing this guy to my attention!

i’ve got the Loupé and it’s a really neat looper!

…super instant chaos machine if you’re into that…

1 Like

Anyone like this with their synths? Seems very complex but magical!

1 Like

im using mine right now. Internet into Digitakt into Loupé into Heat.

it is a bit of a tricky pedal once you start changing the button/swith functions to something other than what they’re labelled as, but i find fun in the mystery.

it’s definitely easy to go really wild and off the beaten path.

1 Like

had to scribble out some info on the board… this is at work, lol.

1 Like

Lately I’ve been thinking I wish to god Elektron would do a looper. Digi size. 8 tracks. Like shredding the pickup machines out of the OT and making a sweet desktop unit for half the cost. doesn’t have kick foot switches on it but Elektron style tap buttons. see where they take it, add some nice effects and some start and end point craziness, lfo’s, OB. and have the option to be rid of the timestretch and bpm craziness so everyone can finally have their a synchronous looper device and also a wild and crazy mangler

or maybe I just need an OT again

(And a Loupé lol)

4 Likes