Glou-Glou Loupé - Looper Pedal

The great Andre LaFosse is apparently working on videos for the Loupé.

Well, I think he’s great anyway. Dude is the undisputed master of looping with the Echoplex Digital Pro (EDP). He’s stated that Loupé is not a 1 for 1 clone of EDP, yet wants to support this new looper as it enables enough of the looping concepts made possible by EDP, and thus wants to help introduce more people to these concepts.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Man, it’s like Force Mode was made for using this pedal in the Cue loop of an Octatrack.

3 Likes

I concur – this is madness!

1 Like

I can definitely see why this thing only has a sync out. I don’t know if midi would be as smooth with all those abrupt tempo changes.

1 Like

expand on that?

Octatrack could emulate some of this with rec trigs?

It would depend which, of the 15 Functions listed so far, that you want to emulate on Octatrack.

According to Oliver at Glou Glou:

“2mm alluminium for all except pralines 1.5mm :)”

1 Like

Sweet Jesus. This thing is bonkers. Anyone read a price on this yet?

Good post here explaining the no midi. (Also mentioned that he’d make a v2 with midi when he sells 500 units)

4 Likes

honestly, when watching @HoldMyBeer’s video in the recent reply, I started to think receiving midi clock is not what this thing is for at all. The immediate BPM replacement every time a new recording is captured is telling me a lot about the device. It’s far more than I thought it was. It’s a shame to call it a looper. It’s not really in that category that we think of as loopers. That new video makes me not care to define it, but it feels like a sampler / instant tape looping device. My interest is very piqued, for sure. I retract my uninformed midi commentary.

2 Likes

I was happy to see that the folks on Looper’s Delight calmed down instead of attacking him further about it.

I would be happy to be part of that set of first batch customers as I still don’t feel like I need an audio looper with MIDI beyond what my Octatrack, and soon Live 11 (got it, just waiting for the no-Touchbar Macbook Pro) have to offer.

1 Like

There’s also the upcoming update to Beebo that will also add EDP style looping functions along with MIDI.

The dude behind Poly Effects seems passionate, yet also comes across as a cool dude, so I wish him the best. It’s just that I personally tend to get on better with more focused hardware, with moar buttons and knobs than one that relies on touchscreen interaction.

1 Like

they might have shoulda put some game buttons on this thing instead of everything else but the knobs

2 Likes

Oh wow. Had always assumed it was plastic. It has a very plasticky “tap”. Must be the quality of the powder coating!

Yeah… more instant-sampler-tape-machine than looper. Killer fun.

5 Likes

Is there a price announced?

Yes, it is the cost of one Loupé.

3 Likes

Lol

1 Like

I believe I read on their instagram that it was similarly priced to their other pedals.