Glo Phase AR sets

glad to hear!

Hereā€™s a brand new set with the AR, A4, and OB-6. Iā€™m liking the balance between portability and knob amount with this setup so I think Iā€™ll run with it for a while. I definitely get nervous hand syndrome, can tend to over fiddle but I think Iā€™ve reined that in somewhat; though YT sets tend to move slightly quicker, etc., than a set in a room with other humans (remember those?). Overall I was happy with the pacing of this one.

Check it out!

3 Likes

Also whereas I donā€™t generally plan out transitions, etc., too much Iā€™m finding w/ more pieces it def helps to have a rough game plan, especially not being too familiar with the material. In the event anyone else wanted to use Iā€™m attaching templates that I made for the AR, A4 as well as my notes to see how Iā€™m approaching using them.

download

6 Likes

Hey, hope all are safe and well. Hereā€™s a new setup Iā€™ve been playing with, still mainly based around the AR. Iā€™m working in the MC-101 a little here and there; wanted to have something to play off of with smoother transitions. The jury is still out on it but Iā€™m thinking itā€™s working for now. The portability (planning on taking this set out) and faders are what initially attracted me to it. Iā€™m liking some sounds Iā€™m getting from, obviously would love to be able to edit a bit further but Iā€™m quite turned off by subscription models (being zenology in this case). Iā€™ll have a free DL up on bandcamp within the next week. Enjoy!

7 Likes

very cool

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

Hereā€™s another fresh set, this time more of a 122 bpm house type vibe. This is easily the most attempts Iā€™ve ever taken on a set, and Iā€™m glad that I did because Iā€™m really happy with how this take came together. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Masterful! Such smooth transitions and great sense of variation and build.

1 Like

Hey very much appreciated! Yeah I could see really stretching these transitions with a bit more practice and in a live scenario. Itā€™s been too long. Thanks for listening!

1 Like

A new set! Itā€™s been a while since I got away from the four on the floor vibe and went slow. Hereā€™s a few 86 bpm beats that I recently put together on the AR. Thereā€™s a few noticeable hiccups but I also had a nice number of happy accidents so I kept this take. This style can be a bit more forgiving it would seem due to the somewhat frenetic nature. Hope you like!

6 Likes

Hey all! Hope everyones '22 is off to a great start. Iā€™m streaming live sets via youtube Sundays 5pm PST through Feb and wanted to share here. I will likely leave past sets up for a while but eventually will be removing. Iā€™ll be switching up the mood/bpm each week and am not planning on repeating any material; trying to keep things pretty loose overall. Check it!

4 Likes

Can I ask why youā€™re taking down the old sets?

1 Like

Hey! To clarify I was referring to the above stream as well as forthcoming streams, all of the other older YT sets arenā€™t going anywhere. If those are what youā€™re referring to my primary reason for only temporarily leaving up is that Iā€™ll likely be playing some more refined unreleased music via SP-404 as well as potential demo material via the AR. So essentially I wouldnā€™t want to spoil any opportunities to properly release some material. Otherwise I might also want to use some AR material for more refined (both mix and performance) shorter YT sets. Weā€™ll see though!

2 Likes

I enjoyed this live. I donā€™t listen to much house but these tunes had a 1996/8 uk/us/ibiza vibes and the world just needs more of that :clap:t4:

1 Like

glad to hear, thanks for listening. And totally agree!

1 Like

Sunday Sessions #2! A bit of a more mellow 108 bpm vibe. Had a few dropouts in the recording (hopefully not live) but will play with some settings.

2 Likes

Awesome mate, loving this.

I need a little helper to bring me drinks.

1 Like

:joy: Sheā€™s always on point like that!

#3 fun one!

2 Likes

#4 downtempo, incorporated the 404 a bit more.

6 Likes