Glo Phase AR sets

Fantastic work!

Really dig your style and rytm skills. Some info on your workflow would be awesome. Song mode for patterns ? Or do you switch them up on the fly ?

All of your videos have fantastic samples. Do you scour and sample them yourself ? Do you use sample packs ? I’ve just recently started sampling a lot on the octatrack (from vinyl, tape, youtube etc anything to try and find something unique). It’s definitely time consuming and feels like it takes a lot of practice and skill :sob: Previously I have been using straight synths, but I find a nice combination of synths and samples gives an overall amazing sound.

Keep it up man :+1:

Hey, thanks a bunch. Here’s part of a response from a comment from my 2nd vid regarding workflow:

“For this rytm project I’m just doing a 1:1 pattern/kit approach. I’m trying as much as I can to set up similar scenes/performance macros the same with each kit but they usually vary a bit (hence some of guessing and jumping around in the set). Sometimes you can get a nice surprise with that, hopefully I’ll have most of them memorized soon. When transitioning patterns I usually try just have a few parts going, and will usually change up the mutes as well on the transition (I usually the function button + multiple pads mute function a lot for that as well as elsewhere). As I made most of these patterns pretty quickly and in groups so I’m also doing some guesswork when switching as parts can be on different pads between project. Again that can lead to some happy accidents. For the performance macros I do a lot of pitch bending, sometime LFO speed for a gate effect. For scenes I’ll do classic snare reverb, also maybe a key change somewhere, also switch out samples. The last really can help to get some mileage out of a pattern. Although I’d still LOVE to see 128 steps per pattern the x:x trig feature in the last update has really opened things up for me. I don’t know that I have a pattern that doesn’t take advantage of that. The fills are excellent for transitions between patterns and even just between scenes as well.”

So not doing song mode in this project. I find myself making little set lists “H5, H16, H7, etc,” as I don’t really know what pattern is where still. I have a lot of happy accidents (sometimes unhappy accidents) switching between patterns, playing w scenes. I generally know where things are but have a lot to memorize, as I mentioned they’re set up somewhat logically but sometimes it doesn’t work out that way.

Sample wise I’m using 98% my own, the ones I’m not came with the rytm. The vocals are all from a friend. I sampled some of my synths (hardware and soft), not record samples or anything (not that there’s anything wrong with that). Def feeling the restrictions of the 127 slots on this project, especially as each pattern has it’s own kit. I think I started the project this way to force my self to make/hear different sounds w the rytm. It’d be fun to put a few patterns together for each kit next time.
Thanks for listening!

With the overall quality of your releases, the fact that you make such heavy use of every part of the machine, and that you use samples of your own, I would suggest putting your head into the new update as deeply as you can and submit to Elektron your very own Glo Phase Pack.

you might get a little money (or even an AK, let’s get crazy)…
And some happy people here would for sure learn a lot from this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s a great idea! Admittedly drum synthesis isn’t my strongest point but it would be a good way to get my head around some of it. Some of the new sounds I’m hearing from new OS demos are nuts.

Me wants more…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :heart: :kiss: :joy:

soon!! :+1:

set 4/5 is up!

1 Like

https://soundcloud.com/glophase/analog-rytm-set-lobh

1 Like

I’m telling you right now, this is the best work done on the Rytm I’ve yet to come across. Bleeding brilliant.

wow, thanks Andreas!

So glad to find another Glo Phase track :+1:

Thx dear !

So glad you like, thanks for listening!

so damn good

thanks man! your latest is incredible!

Hey all,
Just wanted to share another set that isn’t part of this series. This one’s a sort of hip/trip hop/mellow/downtempo thing. 100% rytm + samples. Here’s a link to it, There’ll be a vid up at some point that I’ll post in here as well. Cheers.

Here’s the vid! Just a heads up it lags (audio is fine) just between 1-4 min, it’s fine after and everything is still synced. enjoy! Here’s the vid! Just a heads up it lags (audio is fine) just between 1-4 min, it’s fine after and everything is still synced. enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i98C3YK-LQ0

listening to all of these, and man i’m blown away. fantastic compositions that sound terrific. my current favorite is kaam but lots of great moments in all of them, i’m happy to just hit play on the bandcamp list and let all five of them play through.

looking forward to your future work :thup:

Thanks, @dubathonic! Much appreciated. I’m having a lot of fun doing live sets w just the rytm. Not lugging a bunch of gear around is pretty sweet too (I’m super lazy).
I’m self releasing an EP soon and have another full album up on BC. The goal is to try to do an album track here and sprinkled between some jamming w the rytm for live sets. Still working on getting that fluid and loose, using an OT and a few synths for that. Thanks for listening!

1 Like

So here is the final analog rytm set for this collection. All of the feedback has been much appreciated. You can grab them all for free off of BC or SC. Thanks for listening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plXjyHsckmE

https://soundcloud.com/glophase/analog-rytm-set-moh

Hope it’s not because you ran out of furry hand covering options.