Get ready…

Here it is in wav https://www.dropbox.com/sh/exqs4himnnf00ms/AAAqSw7SUvbk_xlkchOFnGmOa?dl=0

8 Likes

You Sir are both very talented and an angel. :sparkling_heart:

Headspacing is an amazing demo, too.

ordered from elektron earlier :metal:t3::metal:t3::metal:t3::metal:t3::metal:t3:
:dizzy::upside_down_face::dizzy:

1 Like

Just being objective on a personal level. Not exact, but close enough for me to think allocating my funds elsewhere would be more sensible. As it is though, that’s very probably a RYTM, so Elektron wins regardless

So, when and where will be the live stream again?

This is reminding me of how the 2 new korg electribes were actually identical under the hood, and eventually someone hacked the OS so you could turn the same electribe into either sample or synth (while voiding your warranty)…
Are samples and cycles just different installations on the same hardware?

I wonder if M:S will be getting a firmware update relatively soon? It would certainly juice sales…

It’s the homie @strangestrains !

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

You seem to have done an incredible job with this mate.
Since selling my MD there have always been some aspects of it that I really missed. I was looking to buy another one, but as soon as this dropped I hit purchase. I always loved making drum sounds with the DN but didn’t want to sacrifice tracks to do so, and sampling them into the DT loses some of the magic and editability. Cant wait to take it for a spin.

Quick question; does the chord engine use multiple voices or is it all done through FM trickery?

4 Likes

Looking at the manual, it seems there are four operators for each machine. For four note chords, the four operators are used for four pitches, so they’re not being used to modulate each other, creating a simpler sounding chord. Other machines use some of the operators for modulation. So, from what I can tell, there is no voice count increase by using the Chord machine.

3 Likes

Do the knobs on this and on the M:S send MIDI? i.e. could it be used as a MIDI controller for something else too?

I’d rather add a second OT!

4 Likes

This is what I was wondering. Good to see that you guys pushed what possible to achieve something new and unique- well done

Any chance someone could present a father/son jam of the two machines?

1 Like

So upon the reveal I wasn’t interested at all, now after the demos I’m drooling. As a (former) digitakt owner I was a little off put by the model samples because it seemed so limited, but the fact I can get an M:S AND an M:C for the the price of a DT makes this way more compelling. I’m sure I’d miss OB but damn that portability and that sound engine of the M:C had me going bananas. Definitely more interested in M:C than the M:S though.

4 Likes

Going back to my question about VDep in the Pads menu, it seems that you can select how much the volume will be determined by velocity, meaning a low setting will only drop or increase the volume a tiny bit. Hence it should adjust pad sensitivity to a degree. Or have I got this all mixed up?

1 Like

Excellent work! I’ve been lusting for an MD for a long time. This homage looks like it would satisfy my craving in a portable hands-on form.

1 Like

Well done!

1 Like

Fantastic work, you’ve made something beautiful!

2 Likes