Get ready…

You’ve done an excellent job. Just watched the Loopop video and damn it’s so well organised. Love the chord machine especially. Congratulations!

3 Likes

Bravo! This looks so fun. This is the first time I’ve preordered a unit from you guys. It’s not even in my hands yet, but I can confidently say: well done!

Yeah, it’s more a complement to the DN - although it does sound slightly different! I would say the MC is a bit grittier, which is nice in pairing.

Also, the MC engines are so extremely applied that they have a lot of tricks in the synth structure that you actually can’t do on the DN.

23 Likes

Any European stockists ? Elektron are converting 1-1 USD so you have to be dumb or rich to order direct.

I was hoping as much! Glad to hear its not just repackaged DN sounds. kudos!

btw is the punch control digital DSP?

Any possibility/room for more machines in the future?

1 Like

I hate making drums on the DN. Now I’ll have something fun to make FM drums on!

1 Like

Sir, you are a legend!

3 Likes
3 Likes

https://www.thomann.de/de/elektron_model_cycles.htm

https://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Elektron-Model-Cycles/art-SYN0007419-000;pgid=WP9gare80apSRpYSRGpT30WC0000VLNVBAjn

… I’m sure there’s plenty more.

My guess is not. I assume the production costs of OB limit it to being an offering for the more expensive boxes.

(I also have a sneaking suspicion that they’re trialling class compliant usb audio on the models and AH, in case maintaining OB becomes such a burden that they want to put it to bed while still giving us a digital option, but that’s by-the-by)

I noticed Velocity Depth in the pads menu in the manual. Does that mean a low setting can tailor how hard you have to hit a pad to get max velocity or is it only for setting the max velocity that is possible? Does Model:Samples have this too?

I don’t think so. I just sold my DT, kept the DN and just ordered the M:C because I feel it fits the DN perfectly!

4 FM Drumtracks, 2 Mono-FM Sound-Tracks + the 4 Poly ones from the DN is more than I can ask for. And no samplebrowsing!

1 Like

Yep! We designed a compressor like envelope that engages, as well as some digital clipping.

6 Likes

Damn, me listening to that drop in “Crunch4ever”.

chairs-animated-gif-4

3 Likes

From the manual :

APPENDIX B: MODULATION DESTINATIONS
The following are the modulation destinations for the Model:Cycles’s LFO and Velocity:
LFO
• Pitch
• Fine Tune
• Decay
• Color
• Shape
• Sweep
• Contour
• Delay Send
• Reverb Send
• Volume + Distortion
• Pan
• Punch
• Gate

VELOCITY
• Pitch
• Fine Tune
• Decay
• Color
• Shape
• Sweep
• Contour
• Delay Send
• Reverb Send
• Volume + Distortion
• Pan
• Punch
• Gate
• LFO Speed
• LFO Mult
• LFO Fade
• LFO Wave
• LFO Start Phase
• LFO Trig Mode
• LFO Depth

So you can’t use the LFO on RETRIG. That would have been nice as this is an Hommage to the MD. Maybe in a future update?

3 Likes

I hope Elektron sell a ton of these, so that they can invest some serious money into a new Machinedrum :innocent:

8 Likes

So you can’t use the LFO on RETRIG. That would have been nice as this is an Hommage to the MD. Maybe in a future update?

By the way, GREAT JOB! It sounds FANTASTIC!

I ordered one even if I almost have all the Elektron devices.

1 Like

Does M:C send midi via USB? Thinking I can pair this with a laptop for some serious mayhem.

Yes please

4 Likes