Digitone feature requests!

I don’t have an OT, what is it that you don’t like in what I suggested, I was thinking of buying an OT, but leaning towards the Deluge.

when you mute a track the audio gets a hard cut instead of being muted on its last trig base with the corresponding audio tail.
at leats it should have an menu to choose between this two behaviour options.

3 Likes

I was thinking about it and If it didn’t do that and cut the sound off long samples could keep playing for ages and mute would be basically useless, so I guess it has to be that way…
but would be better if didn’t cut the fx tails so reverb could make it seem less sharp…
As you said a routing option would have been good, like preFX postFX and post mixer

It would be cool to have 2/2 page format for midi channels, using syn2 as another page for cc (page 1 values and page 2 cc select). i understand that its probably not that easy to double assign cc values.

i would even opt in to buy a elektron device that’s just all knobs and faders with the same sleek design of the Digi boxes for that option. i just don’t see the purpose for syn1-syn2 to both be midi source.

Even still love this box.

2362756_orig-1024x461

14 Likes

Let us faithful Digitone users have whatever that is - if possible, for example via new algorithms and features in an update.

3 Likes

It doesn’t need it - it can already do many magnitudes deeper sound design. I think there is beauty in different devices doing different things. Also, the way it’s routed in Cycles prevents the open-ended architecture of the DN.

13 Likes

Kind of like the analog four and the analog rytm. One with machines for dedicated sounds and one with an engine wide open for tweaking.

This is a true story

1 Like

I’d like to have an ability to put a trig, that would put a + or - value into step instead of constant value.

For example:
Instead of placing a trig with a constant value 50 for filter into step 1, 52 into step 2 and 54 into step 3 and so on,
It would be nice to place a +2 into each step.

This way you could keep changing values without repeating the pattern.

-And I would really love to have an easier way of transposing!!!
Changing the key with ptn+arrow keys doesn’t come easily while playing, and it isn’t workable for me while improvising. Could you do it with a keyboard?
AND could you make it follow analog four’s transposing and vice versa.

-Class compliant audio.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply Ess.
From what I’ve heard so far the drums of M:C sounds either more “rounded” or snappy in their attack. Not quite sure how to explain it but more percussive. Is that because of differences in the envelopes or do you think this can still be done with sound design in the DN?

Maybe we could have envelope curve setting in DN?

2 Likes

You mean like an accumulator?
Good idea. I think I saw it done first in the Latronic Notron (then promptly nicked it).

4 Likes

Yeah, accumulate might be just the word, that I was thinking of!

1 Like

You can get all kinds of dynamic envelope curves on Digitone by using one shot LFOs on volume or envelope parameters.

2 Likes

Still, Envelope curve settings (mainly amp)

4 Likes

I just want to ask again for a mixer page like I proposed months ago :smiley:

4 Likes

lower oversampling per track)

2 Likes

Retrig.

8 Likes

Filter envelope for modulating a destination or another loopable envelope for that purpose

Two more LFO or LFO with two destinations for each

Harmonics with selectable wavetables

Retrigger

Random Arpeggiator

Parameter Slide

LPG Comb Filter Wavefolder

1 Like

I know this has been said over and over… Our little brother got retrig before we did Damit!!!

And of course the ARP/FX plocks would
be mental!

2 Likes