Get ready…

You say toy, I say tool for extreme productivity.
To each their own, right?

Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right.

13 Likes

Reddit is filled with 14y/o “industry insiders”.

6 Likes

My inside man says itz a synth expention for AH!
There! Now you know!

2 Likes

When you say inside man… is that like a voice in your head?

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

hqdefault

4 Likes

I hope they make more “mistakes” like this one, then.

I make a track every day on this thing, I haven’t been this productive in 20 years.

32 Likes

I second this thought. Last year I did an EP and used the Model:Samples for the drums/percussion. I Have other, more “feature rich” instruments in that category I could have picked from, but the workflow of the M:S is stellar, and it is a joy to use.

5 Likes

Sometimes less really is more WRT getting things finished, I mean look at drum machines from 20+ years ago like say TRs, RXs etc very primitive by todays standards, yet plenty of people made records with them. Sometimes we kid ourselves what we “need”.

8 Likes

Is nick butt red means recording?

1 Like

The Model series are not flagship designs :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

They’re existing development, simplified and repackaged to help fund new r&d.

The only thing i dislike about Elektron’s current scale is their online support ticketing system.

Absolutely!

And this narrative that now that Elektron is more appealing, and more affordable to people who can’t afford the Digi or big boxes… that the “glory days are over”?

Oh man, I couldn’t disagree more.

The most creative, brilliant, and underserved people I know are the ones who can only afford the $299 instrument.
They’re struggling, disadvantaged, living life day to day, check to check, working multiple jobs.
They are no less deserving of quality tools to express themselves.

I would argue that creating this lower entry point to far more people is when the glory days actually begin.

Far more music will be made on these boxes by a greater number of people. And that number will include more young people, and more disadvantaged people than before. This excites me the most. Their voices are equally valid and should be equally valued.

If that reach, that influence on the populace is less “glorious” than a metal case with more LFOs, then I think some have lost the plot.

Music is here to connect humans together. The connection I have with someone else I do not know, when I hear and enjoy their music… it’s like nothing else in the world.
Why on earth would we want to keep the gates up on that?
Why would we want to wall ourselves in with only the people who can afford more expensive tools?

In summary,

Model:Samples for President!
Of the people, for the people, and by the people.

69 Likes

Or look at the photo in negative black buttons grey background

Looks like I’m voting for Model Samples this November!

6 Likes

Its square!

1 Like

Back then, I’ve always wanted a Elektron instrument but could never afford their stuff, until the Digitakt came out, and I love that thing to death. If I was in the same boat today, I would be stoked for the Model:Samples. I like Elektron stuff because of their approach to making music, not for gate-keeping certain musicians with expensive gear and complicated systems like some badge of honor. If they continue this approach of inviting more people of all sort to make music, then I’m all for it.

14 Likes

Another Teaser

It’s through passionate customers that have bought their flagship products that Model: Samples was born??

1 Like

Video synthesizer that only renders to Instagram aspect ratio :o

4 Likes

Hah yea. Dust off your rulers folks, a square box would be a departure as Elektron only releases rectangles.

2 Likes

This sounds pretty different from their last post. Maybe this is the sound of the second/other “machine”?

1 Like