Get ready…

No one knows anything
It’s all made up

New gear will be liked by some and not by others.

1 Like

if I worked for elektron I’d love reading these threads :smile:

11 Likes

Point taken re overall rank, but I’d expect the unit that’s has three years to build its reputation to do better tbh.

We also can’t expect this to be linear - take a look at where the number 1 and number 4 drum machines are ranked overall and it’s clear the drum machine market is kinda thin and the race isn’t tight.

Without knowing projections, margins, r and d costs, etc etc, we can’t say for certain about any of this, but I’m not inclined to this m:s is a failed product, and I suspect it has more life once theres a growth in its range.

It will probably be a cutback of some of those that already exist, because that is what they have done in recent years … the MKII are not a great advance compared to their predecessors… by request, I would like it to be a new Octatrack really doped, a super sampler, or better yet a good soft update of the current octatrack. …

OK, thats what I thought :crazy_face:

Orange knob like Samples but grey body and white knobs, so it’s like a negative of the first one.

2 Likes

Just take screenshots of every.single.post. Lolz

So if it is some sort of Machinedrum-inspired box, any thoughts on what that would do to actual Machinedrum prices?

They’d be different machines. The MD sounds is classic.

I doubt it will change anything. I also doubt that this new machine will sample- so UW owners have nothing to worry about

Edit: I also doubt that this thing will have 16 freely assignable LFOs.

3 Likes

Yesterday was fm drum synthesis. Today Analog modeling?

Emkay confirmed!

1 Like

It probably depends on how deep it is. MD is still one of the most feature packed boxes they’ve ever made. If they made a scaled down version it might not effect the prices that much, but if it’s an updated version with new tech it might knock them down a bit.
If they released something that was to the machine drum as the DT is to the Octatrack I think some people would still want the MD.
There could still be a need for both.
I don’t think elektron have ever released a machine that made one of their other machines unnecessary.

4 Likes

Two little machines with about 2 knobs each, little screen, sitting in the same product range as volcas or TE POs with modular connectivity - less than £200. Possibly can be used as standalone Elektron sequencers for interfacing with Eurorack. Four CV outs. Gate, pitch plus 2 parameters to go where ever you want. Plus midi. Can sync together with all the others. I think they will want to have product in every hardware price/function category. Reusing / repurposing existing tech with new cheaper DSP processors. It not only expands sales potential it means better visibility on online stores for the Elektron brand. Sequenced FX on the second one which can act as a mixer.

Mk.
Model:keys

2 Likes

This is a top down view of someone playing an instrument, right? the ‘mouth’ thing is the left arm, the ‘eye’ is the left clavicle. Head looking down and to the right.

No idea of what it will be but if you play the video backwards (at half speed) you can CLEARLY see who shot Kennedy

5 Likes

10 Likes

I think they’ve actually been very conscientious of not cannibalizing their own products, almost to a fault. Which is why all this talk up upgraded Digitakts that make them better than the Octatrack, or a super-powered Digitone or something just doesn’t sound like it’s what they would do.

4 Likes

So it’s a combination tape looper and vocoder?! NICE!

Hahaha :ok_hand:
Model:Mkay?