Gear you wish was on different platforms

Yes, I very recently bought an Analog 4 and although still getting to know it, it’s clearly much more useable with big potential.

I have been surprised at the A4 sound too - agreed they are very different. I still think the Tetra sounds amazing for a tiny box!

1 Like

i wish everything that’s apple only would run on windows… the good old days of Logic on windows… five12 numerology on windows… Drumspillage on windows… sigh. but who knows… maybe the next pro machine with apple silicon will be affordable and stupid fast… .

1 Like

isn’t Analog 4 an Elektron counterpart for Tetra ?
i don’t own A4 yet (and won’t buy new Mk2 due to its form factor), so can’t really compare.

It is almost! Arturia Microfreak!

Its called Waldorf Iridium…

1 Like

Yes and no : )
Wonderful synths both : )

Yes, but what makes OMNI so special is incredible library, still nothing comparable in hardware world. Or you have to get multi devices like MODX + Iridium…

1 Like

Good point. Both are four part multitimbral but the A4’s sequencing is vastly superior. Would be great to have the Tetra sound, which has a real ‘bite’, in a small Elektron box. The A4 is twice the size of a DN, of course.

1 Like

that’s why i’m looking for Mk1, which was smaller and not angled.

Drambo comes close to your wish

Interesting. I considered a A4 Mk1 (good prices to be found) but decided the improvements (screen, tilt, connectivity, etc) with the Mk2 were worth the higher used price.

I love those tetra and mopho boxes.
Def need a software editor for them tho

1 Like

for me, it’s all about limiting a live rig by backpack volume.
Mk1 is certainly much better option from that point of view.
also, angled form = wasted space. proven by E-Mu Command Stations ))

1 Like

Monomachine and Machinedrum’s intuitive multi-synthesis machines.
Kyma, Numerology, Bidule, AudioMulch.
Kurzweil VAST and KDFX.
Korg oaSYS algorithms in a knobby desktop box.
TC Electronic System 6000/PowerCore algortithms.
Yamaha FDSP from the EX5. DJ/tempo-synced effects from the EX5/A5000/RS7000/SU700.
Hartmann Neuron VSTi :rofl:
Camel Audio Alchemy :rage:

Yamaha PLG cards:
AN - analog modeling based on the AN1x.
DX - FM based on the DX7.
VL - physical modeling based on the VL-1.
VH - vocal effects: harmonizer, vocoder, etc.
SG - Formant singing. Add a step-sequencer.

2 Likes

True. Shame the Soundtower one isn’t great/buggy (well, last time I tried anyway).

what i also would love to have is a groovebox with Blofeld engine.

1 Like