Gear that is art

5 Likes

4 Likes

Gear that is art? Care to elaborate?

PCB of 2016 edition (and I believe the current edition) of the Monome Arc.

16 Likes

the “waza craft” spoils it a bit…

A beautiful unique instrument

11 Likes

Looks and feels so nice IRL and I love the minimalist retro futuristic design.

14 Likes

I have a black one and a Legowelt and they are both works of art. Tracker reminds me of op-1 and OT because of its potential to become an iconic piece of gear. A lot of that has to do with aesthetics and being inviting.

I also think Fender Jaguars and Jazzmasters are works of art. Well, actually any instrument/gear designed by a person is art to me. It’s difficult to do.

4 Likes

I disregarded this as just another sequencer when it came out. Didn’t even bother to watch the videos or anything. This comment made me really curious and after watching a couple videos I now know I need this and completely agree about it likely to be a timeless classic. Thanks for the gas :slight_smile:

1 Like

I disregarded it too when it came out. I also disregarded the m8 Tracker (another work of art) and now that’s impossible to get. I have an extra if you PM me. Black mkI. You know how well I take care of my stuff. Maybe I should start being your personal shopper! :rofl:

2 Likes

The yamaha tq5 is just chef’s kiss for getting into an 80s state of mind. I also love the big yamaha sequencers like the qy700.

Probably not a contravertial opinion around here, but I find the digitakt and the new black OT to be perfect examples of “form is function”.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Spaceman Effects pedals are all works of art. They also sound great, and the build quality is superb. This one is copper plated.

13 Likes

Never seen this

I like them and their whole aesthetic but it should be gold-plated for that price. They sound good too.

I’ve joined the Discord in the hope of a cancelled pre-order for this. I guess it will come available commercially at some point. I might even be able to afford it by then!

1 Like

7 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

Spaceman pedals always sound amazing.

1 Like