Gear situation

Thus, I probably won’t buy it. :smiley:

My gear situation really HAS kinda gotten out of hand. Though, I AM very cautious about getting rid of either drum machine(AR or MD). If I play shows at some point, that AR will be CRUCIAL!

1 Like

Mduw and ar is definitely a luxury but oh what a great luxury to have.

Unfortunately I decided to “save” some money and stuck with the non-UW. Still a lot of fun though!

1 Like

But you are choosing to keep the mduw over ar?

the MD, yes. I’m thinking that. The AR would be easier to replace, being still in production. Also, the digital contrasts the analog quite well. the AR + A4 is quite a lot of one vibe. Also, I could sample the A4 into the OT for a good analog feel?

I don’t know. It’s a tough call. Both drum machines are really really cool!

2 Likes

I have thought about selling one or the other but cannot bring myself to it. I think the mduw would be first to go though.

I have yet to try to input notes in via keyboard, and that would REALLY be beneficial. I DO get it, though. It just has such a unique sound. Very clicky. I love it

This one reason I would keep rytm over mduw, chromatic play. But they have such a different sound. I try and think what would serve me as a better combo drum wise and feature wise. There is none.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s definitely a hard call.

4 boxes probably isn’t bad.

1 Like

I think the key is to not get sucked into other gear. Those 3 or 4 boxes should do everything, except for maybe specific sounds like an acid box or something. Also depends if you are really into the elektron sound or feel the need for another flavour in there.

1 Like

Alert! We have a gear situation happening.

1 Like

I would too keep MDUW over AR, I believe.
MD is so much easy to use, and I love the sound of it.
And resampling…
Plus with a few FX you can go really fast into amazing territories…
BTW, MD into A4 is amazing. Chorus / Reverb frenesy and even analog filter and ENV/LFO madness if you’re ready to sacrifice one track… I’m so fond of it !

This and, as you said, the fact that they cannot be found that easy anymore : future classic, I’d bet on it !!!
:smiley:

1 Like

REALLY wish I had splurged for the UW version. It wasn’t until AFTER I made my purchase that I discovered that you can actually save the live recordings. : /

I’m just personally not fond of using C6, and that was a major reasoning. Also, I have, currently the OT and AR. Both with sampling features.

Now that I’m trying to downsize, it’s led to much more difficult decisions.

The thought of eventually playing live is pretty much the only reason I’m still hanging on to my AR. I can pretty much get all I need, as far as pure sound goes, from Live and a few choice plugins and samples. But I keep telling myself, yeah, I’ll put together a live show and that AR will come in handy. But will I really? I dunno.

Maybe you could find a used MDUW somewhere? I had one and ran it through a Sherman Restyler. Sounded wild and fantastic. Your MD through the A4 filter should be great.

1 Like

In due time, I suppose. Right now I need to focus my attention and finance to non-music areas of life, unfortunately. I sadly saw a used MDUW+ go for 830 on ebay. I came close to pulling the trigger on a bid. I’m glad I didn’t, and I’m also sad I didn’t

1 Like

If its any consolation I have had the mduw since March and never used it as a recorder.

1 Like

Someone was talking about how you can take live recorded samples from the UW and send them to the AR. That is crazy to me. I don’t know why this info wasn’t pushed more by Elektron before they discontinued.

Yer will try that (one day)

1 Like

Ryan, not getting analog heat then?

No. I can’t say that I am. I’m still not sold on the distortion. I might tinker with it later down the line when everything is peachy keen in life. But right now, I’ve got important things to focus on

1 Like