Gear hope and expectations 2022

New in 22 :

BlueARP HW arpeggiator from OMG

A hard-core multichannel arpeggiator in hardware. Like their software version with more features. Thread.

2 Likes

Meng Qi emailed his mailing list earlier today, he says —

Wingie2: they will be available in late Feb.

Wing Pinger : the latest batch is in production and will be available approximately in March or April.

Also, a new instrument is on the Horizon based on a very important collaboration.

Exciting news!

1 Like

You can have it in white too (@DonovanDwyer), I think.

1 Like

Oooooh nice.

1 Like

There have already been some Drumlogue mentions, but I’m also hoping Korg can release that Wavestate SE. I’ve been following Wavestate for some time, even played it in stores a few times and I just love the sound but the flimsy keys on the current version are just not comfortable. I hope the chip shortage or whatever doesn’t hold things up much further.

New in 22 :

ISE-NIN from Black Corporation

Thread

Seaboard Keyboard ( a new one ) from ROLI

Thread

New in 22

It looks like it’s a combination of these two. A Bitmasking mini keyboard.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

New in 22

This looks like a fun idea, from a Brazilian Company Pantala Labs. It’s called 1985 – perhaps being 1984 + 1 with the All-Seeing-Eye ? Just released yesterday.

It’s a two channel CV Gate sequencer that uses an image from a camera to create those sequences, with some restrictions on those sequences that you can control.

I google-translated the original web-site. The price is in Brazilian Real.

Not sure how good this is for real, it depends on the implementation. No demo video yet. I might have had it a stand-alone unit on a stand with controls on top, and the camera facing down, so you could put artwork, or draw below it.

Quite a reasonable price $210 USD.

They make some other off-beat sort of gear too.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

New in 22

Pylobolus – The Cloud Synthesizer . A multi-timbral polyphonic, virtual analog synth, housed in a plain box as it’s configured to use with a MIDI controller. You configure the synthesizer and interface to your preferences using a web browser interface. After that it can run standalone. The present synth engine is a very specific design, but i foresee them adding more configurations later. Set to be released this fall, and priced at 1200 Euros. This likely deserves its own thread.

pylobolus.fr

Last night was the first I’d heard of this device. I hope Moog’ll make it happen for us consumers. It seems at least as interesting and worthwhile as the other three semimodulars in the series.

1 Like

Ahoy there @Jukka! I see you liking this post and it was all your coverage of the Spectravox I was going through last night. Thanks for rounding up all that info in one place.

Do you know of any effective way we could somehow push or prod Moog to do this thing for real?

1 Like

Certainly contact them and indicate your enthusiasm. They’re friendly and while i doubt they’d confirm anything, they will likely respond to you.

The Spectravox, is certainly on a glide path for Moog, it is pretty typical for synths to stew for a few years and improve, between a limited run at a Moog-fest, and a real product. Though no guarantees.

Not sure what might be possible to get close
substituting some modular stuff instead. Maybe some others have taken a stab at that, and can chip in.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely write them.

A Moog Sirin reissue

4 Likes

Still hoping for a new make noise, preferably that 0-tape concept

1 Like

@Jukka I emailed Moog about the future of the Spectravox, even asking if I could somehow get a kit if there were no plans for a proper release. Here be the response:

"Hi Darren,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

There are no plans for this at the moment, but we thank you for your feedback and will pass this along to our R&D team for consideration. I also don’t believe we have any kits at this time either. I apologize.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can assist you with. "

total drag :0(

1 Like

That is a very positive message. They would almost never tell you about a future release, hence “no information”, but that he is passing this along to engineering is far better than just “Thank you for your suggestion.” Also a kit even being a possibility, is more than what i would have expected.

This is a long term thing regardless, so this is a great response. Good going.

2 Likes

I like your positive interpretation! I guess I was hoping for something like “Yes it will be a product which comes out tomorrow and you can buy it for $500!” and got a little bummed when it wasn’t that. I will continue to hope because why not?

2 Likes

Has anyone got any info on whether the Buchla Music Easel mk2 is still going to be a thing??Since 2021 Superbooth showcase it seems to have become unlikely and Buchla arent answering.

Buchla USA is at Knobcon 2022 in two weeks. ( thread )

1 Like

Thanks Jukka. Hopefully they will will update about it.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I think i got everything i need, however things that would be interesting for me:

• volca drum mk2 (i just want a midi out to save everything)
  • nord drum 4 desktop for synthie freaks
  • opsix desktop :sneezing_face:
  • some cool midi glitch sequencer thiny
3 Likes