Gear audit- What have you bought in the last 12 months that you are certain you’ll still have in 10 years time?

As per the title, curious what gear people have got in the last 12 months that they just know they’ll still have in 10 years?
Extra points for reasons.

I’ll go first;

-Moog Sub 37.
I’d been a long term doubter about Moog, thought it was overhyped (I’m a guitarist/producer)… but since I’ve had the Sub37 I’ve used it everyday and it’s a go to.

-Elektron Analog Four mk2.
I can’t imagine ever not feeling creatively inspired by the A4. Every time I turn it on it turns me on. :sunglasses:

-Novation Peak.
It’s been my first real ‘knob per function’ hands on module, it’s sounds have always resonated with me and I’ve learnt synth architecture and synth sound design with it… pretty sure I’ll never let this go.

Really curious to hear other people’s keepers…

5 Likes

X0xb0x & the Volca FM, once I get the Octatrack I’ll never buy another synth again.

Edit: I got the Octatrack…

1 Like

ARmkii.

That is all.

5 Likes

Digitone (mkIII)

3 Likes

Keystep 37. Perfect keyboard for jamming with friends or performing on a stage.

1 Like

Given my history of putting things in the basement “just in case”… probably all of it.

8 Likes

Nothing.

17 Likes

yup, it all goes sooner or later. sand in the wind

5 Likes

I’ve seen your marketplace activity mate… :partying_face::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Neumann U87ai.

7 Likes

I think the Lyra 8 is the only piece of gear I will without a doubt have in ten years

Edit: somehow I missed the part about it being bought in the last 12 months. I’ve had the Lyra for years. Likely keepers from the last 12 months are probably the OTMKII or the DFAM

2 Likes

Probably my Neutron, plinky, and OT. Circuit too since the mk ii came out and I’ll never be able to get rid of this one. Other stuff I haven’t bought yet :sweat_smile: Honorable Mention: my Ableton License

2 Likes

I’m not sure that anything is safe for me but if I was going to make a bet it would be the OB6.

3 Likes

+1 for OB6. Got mine a couple of months back and it definitely feels like high watermark of what I’m going to own (and it had better be for the price).

4 Likes

XAOC Odessa and Frap Tools Brenso. Between those two oscillators there is a lifetime of sounds.

3 Likes

I’m not good with commitment but I’d say the SiX is here for a while.

3 Likes

My OT MK2. Goes without saying, it’s a future classic. Could never sell it, even if at times my music doesn’t really call for its eccentricity.

That, and my Deluxe Reverb amp. Love the thing.

3 Likes

AR mk2… I didn’t really buy anything else, but the AR could only (possibly) be replaced by a future AR mk3 or by an sp1200 if someone would want to trade :joy:

The more I use it as a standalone all in one box, the more I fall in love with the Rytm.

3 Likes

By my calculations, I’ll be on Octatrack #30 by then……

Hopefully have at least two of my current guitars but only one of those was bought this year.

I’ve played guitar for nearly 30 years so kinda know what I like there I guess, so there is hope hahah

To be honest though, I’d not care if nothing lasted me a year. I like to try things out and move forward I guess.

6 Likes

Roland TR-8S. Purchased strictly as a live performance instrument for sets and based on @Microtribe’s endless co-signs in its thread. Ridiculously fun and a true joy to program and play. Pretty much a GAS killer for any other drum machine I’ve pined for. FADERS.

Yamaha Reface CP. Sure, I could seek out a Mark II Rhodes, drop a few mortgage payments on it, and have it in a perpetual state of various repairs. Total no-brainer here.

5 Likes