Gaming [spin-off topic]

Ugh I know!

This look so satisfying.

1 Like

Agreed! Iā€™m obsessed with these types of games. Real time destruction, terrain deformation, soft body physics, wind systems, fire propagation, etcā€¦ I feel like those types of systems are really pushing the immersion into the next generation.

1 Like

I take care of nature and human in real life, but I love destroy the environement and kill people on video games lol

2 Likes

This looks exceptional! Itā€™s like a cyberpunk b movie version of Contra.

Anyone play Death Stranding? I just put out a video essay analyzing its themes and characters.

3 Likes

I played roughly the first 1/4 of it. got a bit bored (I have poor concentration span with video games nowadays) but what I did play was pretty amazin story wise. coulda been a movie. them floating doods down the beach n all :sunglasses::ok_hand:t3:

I like the story a lot, even if itā€™s maybe not paced as well as it could be. I like all the subject matter it deals withā€¦Not common for games.

1 Like

I want toā€¦it looks awesome.

Donā€™t want to sound psycho, but one of the best parts of Last of Us 2 was the exit wounds that the AI had when you shot them. Also blowing someone up with a pipe bomb created the best splatter effects Iā€™ve seen in a game.

1 Like

Yes to this. The violence is shocking and intense. Juxtaposed with the beauty of the game and the emotional ride, i thinks itā€™s one of the better games Iā€™ve ever played.

2 Likes

Was saying the same thing while playing it. I didnā€™t think Iā€™d become so emotionally invested in all parties involved. All those idiots raging about the same sex relationships, and/or the story line make me sad. If theyā€™d open their minds they could enjoy one of the best emotional roller coasters Iā€™ve experienced in a game. All I could think of towards the end was ā€œan eye for an eye makes the whole world blimdā€. Loved it. Now itā€™s time for that Samurai game coming out in a week or two. I try not to spend that much time with video games as it often leaves me feeling like I could have poured that time into music, but Iā€™m stoked for some samurai action.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been eagerly awaiting Ghost of Tsushima for quite some time now. That game looks super promising and gorgeous. And yeah, the Gamergate level of hate that has been generated by Last of Us 2 for having a multi ethnic, and queer cast is appalling and sad. As is a crucial theme of the game, humanity and itā€™s divisiveness is the real monster.

6 Likes

Oh for real? Well thereā€™s the days internet research.

1 Like

Just have to say: The last of us 2 was probably the most intense and mind blowing game Iā€™ve ever played. Absolutely incredible in every way, I played it non stop and beat it in the first 3 day of release, which is something Iā€™ve not done since I was 14 or younger maybe. Normally I wouldnā€™t consume a game in that way, but I was just so invested and immersed in the story, characters and over all world.

I felt like Iā€™d been through some huge traumatic experience, could of done with a support group after. Haha.

The hate itā€™s been getting is baffling but also not surprisingā€¦it seems to be mostly thinly veiled prejudice.

Just on a technical level itā€™s a work of artā€¦amazing soundtrack too.

3 Likes

Finally! OMG!! I dumped so many hours into Shadow of Chernobyl. Hands down one of my all time favorite pc games. Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat were good as well, but the original was the best imho. Very excited for this announcement.

6 Likes

Anyone else playing Ghost of Tsushima on PS4?!

3 Likes

Looks dope, but Iā€™m buried in the Witcher 3 right now. Donā€™t even have enough space on my PS4 to install another game. Ghost of Tsushima looks to be getting some solid reviews though. I imagine itā€™s pretty fun!

1 Like

Yes. I am , and its fucking great.

1 Like

deadly. Iā€™m a sucker for anything chernobyl / pripyat related. spooky sh1t. always wanted to play shadow of chernobyl.

1 Like