Funk Illuminati Tunes

Coming up next on Funk Illluminati Tunes… More Bone Marimba Cover Song Instrumentals…
Including…
Wishing Well - Sananda Maitreya cover (formerly Terrance Trent D’Arby)
Swordfishtrombones - Tom Waits
Small Town Hero - Blaze Foley
Let Me In - R.E.M.
Wandering Star - Portishead
Then I’ll get to posting some more originals.

@Kegeratorz, peep the Snake Song cover I added above. It’s TVZ too!

2 Likes

I like how dis sound like a wobbly bike riding wit a tire coming off the rim

I’m just going to edit this post and say I like how a lot of your cover songs sound drunk. not like you were drunk, but the songs themselves are intoxicated interpretations of the original. it’s entertaining and feels less like cover songs and more like re-imagined or repurposed. lol probably does not make sense to hear that but if it does then good

thanks for sharing these

3 Likes

It actually makes perfect sense to me brother, and thank you for saying it. I don’t really like cover songs that sound exactly like the originals really. I much prefer to hear someone do something different with the song and make it new and exciting in a way that is thier own. I really like The Cure’s cover of Jimi Hendrix’s Purple Haze for this reason, or Cat Power’s cover of Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones. If you are gonna cover something, pay tribute to the original, but make it your own. So I approached all of these cover tunes with that in mind. Plus, most of these songs were made on guitars and shit! I made mine on Elektrons!

And thank you for listening to them!

1 Like

i know what you mean, like chili peppers double speed cover of jimmy hendrix fire, or smashing pumpkins doing the depeche mode song never let me down again.

all in good fun! glad I got to peek into your window without the “plow, nobody now” of a goodie mob song lol

or the ub40 cover of red red wine!! haha yes that one too

2 Likes

I apologize for the terrible formatting. I’m going to fix this. I am obviously super old. I appreciate your patience. Funk Illuminati radio will resume shortly after this technical break.

Actually, I’ll fix it tomorrow. I’m gonna make a new beat and go to sleep. Thank you all for listening! I had a great day. Tons of fun. I’m still kinda questioning putting all of these out there but I welcome any feedback and suggestions as well, other than suggesting I quit, cause I will fight you through the internet on everything. Just playing, mostly. Okay. Since I have so much shit to share, I’m just gonna keep dumping it all here if that’s cool. Aight. Peace!

2 Likes

You might be thinking, yo Funk, why don’t you start a Bandcamp or something? And you’re right. I should. Thanks for the suggestion. I’m gonna do just that.:rofl:

4 Likes

It’s the piano part from the end of Circles In The Sand.

2 Likes

I love that song. The whole album. It still packs an emotional wallop, as does Tanith and the Lion Tree, which came out not to long before.

4 Likes

is there more to come??

3 Likes

Oh yeah. There’s a lot more. I just can’t figure out how to format the SC links correctly. Trying to start a Bandcamp. But screw it, yeah, I’ll upload more tonight.

3 Likes

There’s something I can’t quite put my finger on that makes your tracks have a very special kinda vibe.

Its like they’ve infiltrated and implanted their way into my fond and dusty memories.

Great stuff

4 Likes

I don’t know that I could ask for a nicer compliment. Thank you so much @Ryan!

BTW, I keep going back to Meat Team, it’s amazing!

Here’s the one I did for @Fin25 based on his origin story for his artist name and profile picture:

^And look! It’s fellow naut @bodymechanics showing love in the comments!

5 Likes

4 Likes

I’ll upload a few new ones tonight too.

Covers or originals?

I haven’t had time to record any vocal stuff yet but it’s coming soon too.

1 Like

is it possible your style is cyber glitch calypso-wave industrial strength acetone skeet I can’t believe it’s not buttercore and I’ve just never heard of the genre before?

genre updated

2 Likes

I think you nailed it! :rofl:
Listen to Old Dead Crow by Matt G (Funk Illuminati) on #SoundCloud

1 Like

I like your originals but the covers are always a treat. if you got originals you want to post though lets heart’em

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Funk Illuminati radio will continue at around 1:00AM Central time, lol.

I’ll mix it up and do a bit of both (covers and originals).

1 Like