Funk Illuminati Tunes

So, obviously I have decided to dedicate the majority of my day today to the project of uploading a ton of recordings that I’ve made recently. So, instead of dominating the threads here and turning the Share Your Tunes or Current Sounds thread into a Funk Illuminati thread, I’m just gonna start my own. So, if you dig the stuff I make, here’s a thread for me to post a bunch of it in. :star_struck: If you don’t like my stuff, you can just ignore the thread :hear_no_evil: I’m not just gonna go uploading everything I make though, as I only really put the stuff I really like on the internet. I hope a few of you folks dig it too. A big thank you to anyone who spends some time here. Cheers! :beers:

^Original tune called Hallelujah dedicated to @Tchu

11 Likes

I will give you a like on credit and expect to be repaid with funk and soul by the end of the day :grinning:

I like the koto-ish sound

3 Likes

^Original tune called No Wheels, chord progression loosely based on The Next Episode by Dr. Dre

7 Likes

^Another Bone Marimba cover tune instrumental, this one is Better Son/Daughter by Rilo Kiley.

3 Likes

Edit: This one is made Primarily on the Model Samples, perhaps all on the MS with some effects. The guitar sample loop is from Susan Christie’s song “Rainy Day.” Actually, there is some original synth work in here as well, from the Model Cycles. Zoia on Glitch Stutter effect.

3 Likes

This one is another that I have hesitated to post due to thinking it wasn’t up to par but it grew on me. I also hesitated, because it uses a very sacred sample from Tear Garden’s “Romulus & Venus,” from thier album, “The Last Man To Fly,” and I told @Scot_Solida about it, and I am scared he’ll consider it sacrilidge to use it. But again, it grew on me, and I like it now. Speaking of long intros though, this one was nearly three minutes long before I edited it down! I love long intros but that was too long, lol. I hope you like it Scott!

4 Likes

^This one is part of the Industrial Techno/Miami Bass/Hip-Hop/Glitch project that I’m working on. Other songs from this upcoming project which are already on my SoundCloud (in early demo form) are posted below this paragraph. I’ve been holding this one back for @Annihilation_Squares.

3 Likes

Sounds great! As it happens, I engage in sacrilege at every opportunity!

3 Likes

@Scot_Solida & @DonovanDwyer, thank you guys so much. It means a lot to me that you both liked this as I look up to both of you like big brothers. Really.

So, here’s some more cover songs for my Bone Marimba project:

This One is Tom Waits - Dirt In The Ground
Model Cycles, Model Samples, Zoia, DL4MK2, Krush

And Below is Another One, Close To Me By The Cure
Model Cycles, with a bit of support from MS, Zoia, DL4, Krush (Seeing a pattern?)

and here are the previous covers I have posted:

4 Likes

^These are
Close to Me - The Cure
20 Eyes - The Misfits
Wicked Game - Chris Isaak
Something In The Way - Nirvana
20 Eyes (Reprise) - The Misfits
Below this is: Country Feedback - R.E.M.

3 Likes

My kinda guy. But the reason I think you might consider it sacrilidge, is because it pairs the intro part of a classic Pink Dots side project song with trap/grime/drill style percussion elements. The reason it grew on me enough to post it was because of the long trippy intro part and the bliss of the bass drop when the sample comes in. I left the sample pretty much unaltered because I was wanting to pay homage to it and leave it recognizable. I also came to love the fireworks sounds that happen near the end, which, how they came about in the mix is still a complete mystery to me. More evidence of Elektron machines having a mind of their own I guess, or my weird effects routings. Either way, I liked it enough to put it out there, and if a fellow Dots head thinks it’s cool too, that means a lot to me.

I’m not trying to say that I think you hate on drill or trap in your spare time or anything, just that maybe the pairing might seem strange to you. I’m glad it doesn’t.

I should have known it wouldn’t seem weird to you but I don’t really know you that well.

2 Likes

And this is the Bone Marimba tribute to PJ Harvey’s Down By The Water in Instrumental form.

*Okay, maybe I overdid the effects a bit on that one. Lol.
**Okay, I took the FX off, for now.

Below this is a song I originally titled Diamond Ray. It’s a remix of a Thom Yorke song called Truth Ray, or a sample flip of it if you will, but the sample is mangled up pretty good. Anyway, I didn’t like the name but I liked the song. So I decided to call it Ruby Ray instead, in tribute to my grandmother, who had a lovely natural vibrato in her singing voice and was a wonderful piano player. She was one of my first influences musically, and she was a family member. She used to play for us on holidays and she always sang at her church, which I very rarely attended, but I always loved to hear her play, and her voice was breathtaking.

3 Likes

This is the Instrumental of Bone Marimba’s Tribute to Q Lazzarus - Goodbye Horses
One of my favorite songs of all time.

Below is the Instrumental of Bone Marimba’s Tribute to The Clash’s Guns of Brixton

3 Likes

Sounds great man!

4 Likes

Thank you so much @Kegeratorz! Thank you for listening!

And here’s more! This is Bone Marimba’s Instumental tribute to Towns Van Zandt’s Highway Kind
This song was one of my Dad’s favorites, so it just felt right to cover it.

3 Likes

This one also uses a Tear Garden sample from “The Last Man To Fly.” Can you spot it @Scot_Solida?

3 Likes

My favorite! Nicely done!

2 Likes

Are you referring to the TVZ cover Kegz?

Cause I have another one OTW. I’ll do it next! Spoiler Alert, It’s Snake Song!

3 Likes

Yes sir, I heard TVZ a few years back and instantly liked him. Dead flowers (cover) quickly became my favorite.

2 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like