Fragments: Show us your half-baked stuff

This is so good. Relaxing, nostalgic. I really, really like it.

1 Like

No need to dive deep into my archives because I, like many others, have plenty of unfinished snippets lying around. Which is a quite natural aspect of creativity, learning and development as far as I’m concerned. And frustrating at times. Oh yes!
Here’s a small selection of five that for sure will never get into any kind of finalized form – simply because I sold the gear I used to make them. I hope I’m not exceeding any limit with these.

Gear used: M:C / DN / DN / LXR-2 / DT

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing.
Firts one directly put me in 4am in the club mood. The others bring a lot of “old-school” vibes (in the best sense). May I ask where the drums in the second one come from?

Sharing those thoughts really is what this thread is all about. Helps me a lot to see my process in a different light.

1 Like

Hey! Many thanks for your kind words.

I‘ve added the gear used to my original post. I’m using a single box mostly all the time and all is self-designed sounds.

Great thread.

Over the past 18 months I’ve tried to record loads of little tracks rather than just loops, within an hour or so limit from start to finish. Some end up imported to bitwig for resampling/ arranging and mixing etc, but I reckon over 90% stay untouched and unfinished on the SD card in the blue box.

Here’s a couple of these stereo masters:

Edit: these are definitely amongst the better of them. Some are properly shite.

3 Likes

Pretty much everything in this project of mine is half baked, still I’d like to use it as a sample source for something more polished one day.

1 Like

the ability to read music doesn’t make one a “proper” musician.

Playing by ear has been done by plenty of “proper” musicians through the years.

These are very well done.

Keep at whatever is making you happy, but don’t by any means go down a path to try to prove to people that you are X or Y.

1 Like

Here it is, D minor 3/4 96 bpm, recorded from the OP-Z.

1 Like

https://on.soundcloud.com/Z58JGuLcw5Drbyjs8

“A Simple (unfinished) Cue”