Focused February

It’s Feb 2019 and I heard people are using only 1 instrument, device, application, etc to make music this month…Maybe we post some “focused” music here?

Here’s a start. Just 1 application (no 3rd party plugs), some samples, and my voice (please don’t laugh) :worried:

9 Likes

Digging this track! What program did you use to make it?

I think Jade Wii (Dawless Jammin’) was the one to put the idea forward in this video.

I think it’s a great excuse to really learn one of our existing pieces of gear. I’m considering cheating and hooking the OP-Z up to the Blofeld in multi-timbral mode to learn the OP-Z sequencer and Blofeld sound design better.

3 Likes

Thank you! and thanks for sharing that link.

Ok. I’m inspired now to keep jamming.

I used Ableton btw. The synths are Operator

2 Likes

Mate! That’s got a proper Derek Carter vibe!
Great :smiley:

1 Like

Love me some Operator. Been using it to make some chord/pad samples for the OP-Z.

1 Like

She gave me a shout-out for it too! Hehe, I feel special. :hugs: I’m going to focus on only my Digitone this month, learn some more about it! Good luck to all in #FocusFeb

1 Like

Okay then. Ill concentrate on using only the MPC this month once 2.4 drops (excluding existing projects and deadlines obvs)

1 Like

That’s awesome everyone. Let’s do it. I’m going to continue to just use Ableton (effects, synths, etc) for the month of February :blush:

And thanks!!! @mightlife

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I was rockin’ out to that tune last night :slight_smile:

Just picked up an AR, so I might go hardcore into that with this philosophy.

1 Like

Strangely enough, so did I. I might join you.

I like this idea. I’m going to participate as best I can. :v:

1 Like

Oh, hi! I’ve posted it in the neighouring thread, but I guess it qualifies for this one, too.

This is Octatrack MkII only, 2 samples, 4 flex machines, 4 neighbours.

6 Likes

Was undecided between DT or DN.

4 Likes

Here’s 1 from today

4 Likes

Another short one for today

3 Likes

I’m into it! Cool

Focused on my favorite app at the moment :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The snare roll is the boss. These tracks sound like 1998 on steroids, especially when the ride cymbals kick-in.

Yeeeeh, sounds like a “Midnight Storm” on super chill R&B FM at 2am. It’s sounds expensive and beautiful, actually.

this was digitakt only

2 Likes