FM workshop livestream + Live/DJ sets

Could you deconstruct the PWM patch of you were able to grok it? I tried recreating the patch from the screenshot but got very different results.

1 Like

I haven’t tried (plus I have a JU-06A for that) and I’m about to start jamming with my partner so won’t have time to try it out. Buuuut, maybe this thread will help?

1 Like

It’s an interesting thread, but I would prefer to get a better understanding of the principle. Blindly reverse engineering it is pretty fun though :slight_smile:

1 Like

The zero day label album mindmelt has sysex for Digitone. I have not dig into it but it’s there if you’re interested :slight_smile:

Here’s the patch!

10 Likes

Thinking of doing another stream tonight and show some random Digitone tricks, seems that a lot of people were interested in that.

Maybe a very free form hangout style could be fun, I’ll play some patterns and show how they work and you can ask stuff.

How about 8pm CET ?

29 Likes

Nice one!

Yeah Digitone tricks sound great, I’m in!

Ok, 8PM tonight (25th) it is!

5 Likes

Looking forward to it!
Will take a break from yard work to tune in.

And that’s 3PM EST, 12PM PST for the US FM nerds.

2 Likes

Brilliant! Looking forward to it. How does one tune in?

I’d appreciate very much the possibility to watch your lesson later as you did for your first workshop. (I think) many of us simply can’t join at the proposed time.

I enjoyed your last show, it was really enlightening!

1 Like

There is nothing I find more useful than interesting Digitone tricks/tips/sound design tuts, so very much looking forward to later! Thanks @Ess!

Ah yes! Tune in at Twitch.tv/ess_mtsn
8PM CET

5 Likes

It’s a date. Thank you!

1 Like

Ess FM workshop, now live

3 Likes

Great and informative stream, thanks Ess!

That was genuinely awesome, @Ess! I highly recommend any DN owner rewatching that stream. Thank you so much for responding to my (and everyone else’s) questions. Very inspirational. (I’m the 100percentfailure guy on Twitch, btw) :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

That was great. I was watching from my phone while taking a walk about the neighborhood, enjoying some sun. Best combo activity I’ve had in a while!

Got home before it was over, plugged my iPhone into my little rig to charge, and the audio was by default going through the Octatrack. Might have sampled a few voice bits for later mangling :wink:

1 Like

Nice idea! Damn