Finally…

After months of vibe-killing and productivity-crushing, I’ve finally ditched overbridge and it’s a breath of fresh air…back to the old school analog jacks!

I wish elektron could give us audio over USB direct so we could circumnavigate OB for DAW multitracks. Maybe possible?

But for now, I’m enjoying the creativity of limitations AND rock solid sync…also learning to commit!!

1 Like

FWIW I have finished several tracks with Overbridge in the past few months just fine. For me it has been vibe-reviving and productivity inducing.

8 Likes

Keep it up my friend. Whatever works! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreeeeee

2 Likes

I’m about to do the same thing.

1 Like

Can you route from the engine into the DAW without using the plug-in?? I’ve tried using an aggregate device, but no success.

Audio over USB…it exists already…seems crazy not to have the option.

Failing that, it’s analog…

You can multitrack via the Standalone App and then import the stems into your daw

4 Likes

I’m probably being dumb… but how would

" audio over USB direct so we could circumnavigate OB for DAW multitracks."

be any different to Overbridge?

5 Likes

This is correct

3 Likes

The USB audio is class compliant. You can record into an iPad, iPhone etc without Overbridge. It’s the multi-tracking element that requires Overbridge to separate tracks (either via plugin in DAW or by running standalone app).

9 Likes

Of course…it’s just 2 I/O…If only you could multi-track USB.

My issue with OB is Ableton sync is shocking so I’m using the ERM multiclock and it’s rock solid. Every time I’ve tried to use midi sync & usb overbridge together it’s a proper dogs breakfast. In fact, any configuration of sync between Live/OB/Elektron machines has always been super-flaky.

So multi-track audio over usb…and midi sync is the wish…

1 Like

Ah ok, I thought it must be a thing I hadn’t considered!

Wish granted already.

There is a video from Cenk somewhere that explains in details how to setup Ableton Live to record each track independently without using OB VST.

It’s old already, I cant seem to find it right now but it’s pretty straightforward.

2 Likes

In Reaper when I set the digitakt as the device I can multitrack out everything without overbridge

6 Likes

It would be cool to have a usb > individual analog audio output breakout box! I don’t see any option to do that without computer/soundcard, or am I mistaken?

2 Likes

Not sure you can do this, although glad to be proved wrong! Without OB, the only USB audio I can see is 2 x I/O when using as an aggregate device…

Oh, maybe you’re right and you need to have OB installed indeed… :thinking:
I don’t think I activate OB engine though. Got to check.
What’s your config (OS+Version)?

I also separated Maschine + computer setup and my hardware setup
Everything is synced now from OT via midi and audio back into OT.
Hate the cables but the tight sync is a revelation after fiddling with midi latency settings forever

The translation from laptop to hardware is a nightmare. You can get it work for some time, but once you make little changes to the setup or add a new device it might start all over again

1 Like

Man…I feel you! So stressful when it’s all over the place…when you finally hear it all click into place it’s a dream!!

After years and years of messing around with sync/latency, the ERM multiclock is a revelation. Everything is just super-tight and recordings are bang on the timeline. So important if you’re sequencing lots of hardware. Set and forget.

1 Like

With Ob there is latency of course but it should be tight and working fine.

You can use an Elektron as audio interface and get the individual outputs without using the plug-in. But yeah you need to have OB installed. But you’re not using the plug-in so no issues with that in that case. You shouldn’t have any problems with the plug-in either at this point but i can imagine that because of the many computer systems there still might be a few people that have some issues with it.

That’s not the problem of OB though which is working perfectly fine and still unique functionality.

2 Likes