Feature Requests for all Elektron Machines

Option to have the Start button restart the pattern instead of pausing it. I never use pause at all and I think most users don’t use it either. Restarting would be much more useful – especially if several connected machines get out of sync.

3 Likes

retrigs (ratchets) for midi tracks/midi machines :zonked:

7 Likes

New machine “maybe nots”

Function: Digitakt chooses between 3 notes you choose on a trigger step

2 Likes

Page transpose
[page+up/down]

I spend a lot of time manually moving all trigs of a page to another note, holding max 3 down at a time. So this would be a time saver.

There’s also this work around too:
track+up/down
Page+copy
track+up/down to where it was
page+paste

4 Likes

A solution like Pyramid’s definition files would be quite nice.

1 Like

For all machines please (From AR 1.7 firmware)

Page loop
The newly added Page Loop lets you work continuously with a specific sequencer page. Easily replay the page and take your time to get the sound just right. Or go nuts in a live setting.
Plus lots more
Additionally, we’ve added sound saving from sequencer trigs,

EDIT:

random pattern name generator,

10 Likes
  • euclidean generator
  • random lfo slew
  • save p-locked trig as a preset with a shortcut and a random name generator

all would do wonders on every elektron machine

9 Likes

I second that, the slew update should be easier on most of Elektrons having the same type of lfos, except OT maybe…

• random Slew option for LFOs’ RND waveform

And a Soundlock : Hold a trig, select a free slot in Soundpool, press encoder, naming prompt, done.

And also yes to Euclidean, not easy I guess…

4 Likes

Ctrl All but in step mode, so you can step lock the same step across all tracks easily. (Sorry if this already exists somewhere)

1 Like

You can plock Ctrl All on MD…

1 Like

Of course …

(Sorry, it just had to be linked :slight_smile: )

Euclidean would be dope.

Possibility to rename CC functions.
Saving LFO designs as presets.
True integration of polyrhythms (lowering the number of usable steps per page)

3 Likes

I edited my post. “Should be easier”, talking about random lfo slew. Or, the easiest…

Simple if its the same code ! They have to do it. Random lfos with slew are my favorites. Possible to achieve it with 2 lfos as is.

Retrig on all tracks, and some form of kits on all the Digis and Models…

1 Like

Combined conditions on trigs. E.g. !PRE and 50% (say) on one trig. Meaning “if the previous condition was a true, don’t play, otherwise go to the next part of the condition and work out play or not on 50% probability”

Actually, probability may be a bad example, could possibly be done with track chance (on the models at least)

This looks like a big upheaval in the UI to me so I wouldn’t be surprised to find it was a feature for next hardware revision. OTOH all the digis got song mode so :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

This is all I ever request in the :elot: specific thread.

4 Likes

What annoy me on all Elektron is the « scale per track » list. I use « scale per track » everytime I use one of those box.

And the « 3/4 » put in the middle of the list is a pain. I don’t use it or near never.
Everytime I want to scroll thru the list I need to wait for the sequencer to resynchronize or press stop/play to have the sequencer which play correctly in sync.
Or push the encoder and scroll really fast to 1/2, 1/4 , 1/8.
Maybe I do things wrong first time I speak loudly about it. But if someone feel the same about it I’m interested about other people feedback.

Am I the only one to feel this might be done in another way ?
I mean I’m convinced here it’s more UI+Math to be able to have scale per track without being out of time when changing the value.

One other thing related to metronome on the rythm, maybe it’s the same on other Elektron box, but I notice it on the Rythm.
Sometime the « big Clack » and the « small clack » is not play at the right step.
Not sure to explain it correctly.
But it has happen to me quite often.

Both issue are really not that important.
I really love those box. But it feel a bit weird.
And the less I press stop the better I feel :slight_smile:

5 Likes

One of the cool features that I would like Elektron to implement on all devices is Ctrl All Track Lock.

What I mean?

For example, I have 4 tracks, on one there is a kick, and on the other three there are melody lines, the parameters of which I would like to control simultaneously, without affecting the kick parameters. This way I just lock the kick track and don’t worry about my beat falling apart due to manipulation of the parameters. This would be a very convenient feature for live performances.

11 Likes

For the boxes with retrigger.

Retrigger Random Velocity setting:

You lay a retrig like usual and in the spot you turn the knob to adjust velocity from -127 to +127, you can keep going and enter a region of random percent from 0-100% to be applied to your base velocity amount.

Velocity can be mapped to so many cool things, it would be really great to easily in some liveness and chaoss straight into a retrigger trig and make some more organic sound (or completely broken and inorganic in the best way) sounding rolls.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this for some time, I know there is a Song mode, but I think this could be a good addition, for performance as well as for experimentation.

Conditional patterns.

In essence it would be a submenu on the trig page per pattern (or in the pattern length sub), which determines whether a pattern works normally (loop until a different one is selected) or conditionally (with options for pattern repetition, destination bank, destination pattern )… here it gets entertaining:

Encoder 1: defines how many turns the pattern loop makes.
encoder 2: defines the destination bank based on the previous condition.
encoder 3: defines the destination pattern based on previous conditions.

• The duration of the pattern is linked to the length defined in the pattenr length menu.
• Encoder 2 defines the destination bank.
• Encoder 3 defines the destination pattern.

Within the defined bank options (A,B,C, ETC…) there is also a random option, both for paterns and for banks.

• I think that a practical use of this option would be to be able to define certain patterns as transitions, knowing that a pattern is configured to last a certain number of cycles and end in another, would be practical to manipulate other instruments in a live performance situation, or To free up fingers when manipulating parameters within the same machine, you could also use an lfo that will have a filter for two turns to fall directly to another pattern in a programmed manner.

It would be a kind of hybrid system between song mode and manual mode.

• Along with this (using a random option as a destination), the opportunity to generate random movements of patterns is allowed, defined by the duration of the patterns length. For example, a project with different durations of patterns, 3,5,13, ​​etc… and these are configured with random destinations, banks and patterns.

At the moment I consider it a fairly superficial idea but I think it could contribute a lot to what live performance means.

PD: I have done all this based on Google Translate. :slight_smile:

saludos desde chile!

3 Likes