Feature Request: Ignore option in profiles

+1 for an ignore function

+1000

If you go into a users profile you can choose to ignore from there:

5 Likes

Thanks for those instructions @okam. Appreciate it, blocking/ignoring someone is not really obvious.

I quite like the timeframe option - sometimes people just need to simmer down for a wee bit (and I’m including myself here) and then we can get back to business as usual.

2 Likes

Works well.

Someone attacks me personally, no response is needed other than ignoring them.

The only issue is if the person has blocked their profile you can’t put them on ignore.

I usually read through a series of random posts by someone in other threads, before making the decision.

1 Like

You can still block them. So instead of trying to do it through their profile, go to your own account Preferences > Users and then type their username into the Mute and/or Ignore boxes. Remember to Save Changes afterwards. Done :white_check_mark:

1 Like

when you do this is it 2 way or one way, meaning you don’t have to see them but they still see you or are both parties removed from each others field of view?

One way, I assume, otherwise the system wouldn’t be anonymous because they would see “Hidden Reply” and know you’d blocked them.

1 Like

Had a thought. Both humorous but also with a serious part too.

On a user’s Summary>Stats you can see how many :hearts: you’ve given and how many you’ve received. What if the Ignores given and received was also shown ?

I know It’s easy enough to count the Ignores i’ve “given”. It might be useful to see the other side of this. Useful feedback.

Obviously this info is all anonymous and hidden.

I’d really love to have an actually working blocking option (not seeing any traces of blocked person anymore, and even better they not from the blocking person) and not this ignore thing that makes it only worse.

3 Likes

Discourse Meta is the place to talk about such feature requests I guess.

I don’t know if we can since we are not the customers of Discourse, but it’s worth a try.

guess we gotta start non-anonymously ignoring posts. DMs reading “so you know, i am actively ignoring you”

1 Like

Discourse Meta, was an interesting read on “ignore” topic. Cringe a little at label sometimes given to those using the ignore – “overly sensitive”. Also found it interesting that there is a moderator tool, to search for “top ignored”, and the use that is for, to be able to “smooth friction”.

ADDED : And there was discussion of the option Jeanne was just asking about.