Faderfox UC4 <3 Octatrack?

Got mine last night and got several groups programmed. I’m struggling with cc61, and I think it’s my other 1/8" > midi adapter. I have 4 of these that work on other things (0-coast, ZOIA, BeatSqueezer).

The adapter it came with works great going to the OT, but the midi in of the UC4 doesn’t seem to like any of my other adapters. I swapped them, and the OT wasn’t picking up anything the UC4 was sending out.

Does anyone know if the adapter it comes with is wired differently than other adapters? I realize this is probably true due to isolating the issue… I live in the US, any recommendation for ordering the correctly wired adapter?

Thanks!

EDIT: I found it above - same wiring as Arturia stuff.

EDIT2: Arturia as two different types of midi adapters, apparently. The beat-step pro adapters say “will not work on beat-step,” and the beat-step adapters say “will not work on beat-step pro.” :expressionless:
Any experience? Suggestions?

EDIT3: Figured it out - Arturia uses a TS plug for beat step, and TRS for beatstep pro. Strange.

I’ve got TRS Midi B ordered. Should solve the issue. Thanks for chiming in!

what Routing setup do you have configured on the uc4? (eg rou3, rou5 in the manual) could be an issue there rather than with one of the cables:

There are - sorrily - two types of wiring standards for TRS-to-MIDI.

You can find all the informations you’ll need here:

How to Make Your Own 3.5mm mini stereo TRS-to-MIDI 5 pin DIN cables

1 Like

I recommend having an eye on Faderfox from here to the end of the summer…

1 Like

Why?

They are going to release a new MIDI controller that will fit great with the Octatrack.

2 Likes

Oooooo. Source?

Or maybe @faderfox can fill us in?

I don´t want to say more concretely ´cause I don´t know if it could be an inconvenience for them or something, but it was Faderfox themselves who told me.

1 Like

Gotcha. Will temper my inner hype until official word. I was actually thinking about gettinf one of these…

Indeed. Seems this UC4 is the TRS midi B. I have one that came with a Korg device that this site calls A. It works on: 0coast, OP-Z, ZOIA.

Sweetwater sells a 1010music, which is apparently B for $5. I’ll give it a shot.

@Autopoiesis - it’s 5. I believe that’s the correct routing. When I use the one supplied adapter on the input, it receives midi correctly. I’ve tested all adapters on midi in and out. This is the only one that works for the UC4. All my others must be A.

Write them and save some bucks!

2 Likes

I think this could solve your problem: https://www.retrokits.com/shop/rk-minimidi/

Ha! Great solution! “out of stock.” You’ve given me something to internet (verb) while at work.

1 Like

Follow up. I sent an email about out of stock… they got back to me in a few hours. I love small companies who give a shit about customers. Great work, RK!

2 Likes

Sweet!

Great! I’ll drop them a mail, I would like to get that RK-002 cable but it’s tagged on backorder ever since I can remember… maybe there’s a solution (otherwise if someone sells his, PM please! :wink: )

Follow-up :slight_smile: : seems like they updated their webshop page today, I was able to order a RK-002!

2 Likes

Apologies in advance. My dyslexic arse is really not helping me today…

Trying to set the Uc4 up with octatrack.
If someone could get me started, I’m sure the rest will follow.

I’m getting confused as hell with it and just need some ELI5 pointers to get going. :disappointed:

I sent you a PM. I just got mine going last week.

1 Like

Can I just give a massive thanks to @mr_bernard who took the time to DM me and go through the setting up of the UC4.

Really kind and very much appreciated.

I thought it was worth sharing publicly, as it shows waht a helpful community we have here.

4 Likes