Fader controllers

I was always temtped by one of these, and it sounds like you know the answer to a question I wanted to ask…
under the fader caps, they’re just standard faders poking up right? Or are they super short tabs poking through?

I was sort of thinking of one for a performance tool, but those fader caps would be no good for the kind of MAXIMUM FLOURISH I clearly need to do as I bring the kick drum back in…

:wink:

I can take a photo later. All I can remember now is that Chinese fader caps fit as well.

1 Like

literally had a Novation Zero SL mkII in a basket this morning and am SO PROUD of myself for managing to not buy it and remember I have an APC 40 already and although the Novation is probably better it’s a bit mad to buy one.

2 Likes

The final version just arrived!

5 Likes

2 Likes

thanks (that is a bit annoying as looks pretty hard to replace them with something more “performance” mode.

I ended up ordering one B-stock as it was on Black Friday sale, so will just have to try it I guess!

1 Like

I bought one some weeks ago.
Its a nice unit, solid faders.
But…
The usb connection on my unit disconnected with the tiniest movement of the cable. :frowning:

The 16n Faderbank pictured above comes with a magnetic USB plug. It’s the first time I see and use one of these and, wow, why isn’t this the default?

Try another usb cable.
I use a angled one which sits very tight.
No issues so far.

Music Thing Modular 8mu – 8 faders and smaller than a credit card (“but not thinner”).

1 Like

I get the appeal of small mobile gear but this small?! :smile:

I have pretty small hands but this doesn’t seem practical to me.

2 Likes

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just noting that the Teenage Engineering TX-6 Mixer is slightly bigger but the actual faders are probably smaller.

This is clearly for people on the move and maybe tiny desk jams. :wink:

For newcomers to the subject and for the sake of completeness, pictures & links to the established and older fader controllers (some already mentioned in this thread) should not be missing.

There is always a second-hand market for products that have already been discontinued. This is easy on the wallet and the environment.

Korg nanoKONTROL Studio

Novation Launch Control XL MK2

Akai Professional midimix

Faderfox UC4

Akai APC40

Akai APC40 MK2

Akai MPD226

Akai MPD232

Akai APC mini

Akai Professional APC mini MK2

Livid DS1

Behringer BCF2000

16 Likes

Vestax VCM-600

Faderfox UC44

Faderfox MX12

Nektar Panorama P1

Studiologic SL Mixface

Yaeltex Tr4mix

Yaeltex Live15

Yaeltex Möchte

Yaeltex Mixtakt

Novation ZeRO SL MkII

Korg nanoKONTROL2

12 Likes

PlayFader, a CV controller on stereoids (in fact a looper equpped with a lot of controller features):

1 Like

Turns out what orchestral and games music composers need are… three 10mm faders. This is new:

Conductor MIDI controller

Just bought this. Recommended. Works nicely. The values are spaced apart further in the top half of the fader for more precise control in the sensitive ranges (or maybe thats just how ableton does its faders).

3 Likes

class compliant?

Ghost Note Audio claims the Conduct is USB class compliant. Also interestingly, their MIDI editor is open source software (see repo).

1 Like

yes

" What applications do our MIDI controllers integrate with?

Our controllers are all MIDI Class Compliant devices and will connect to both Windows and OSX based machines using built-in drivers. (No additional software is needed for the controllers to be detected and interact with the computer)."