EZBOT's Tutorials and Templates

I watched your tutorial on the weekend and got my feet wet with ORCA.
Very interesting, I was able to get some pretty nice generative sounds controlling my digitone.

1 Like

Digitone is perfect for Orca! Glad the video is helping people make some tunes.

1 Like

Yeah really nice on the lush pads!!!

1 Like

well now I might have to make some music! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a workshop yesterday with NSDOS.
This is some notes I took, to be pasted here:

https://metasyn.github.io/learn-orca/

#o.midi.channel.##.X.coord......##.create.3.digits..o# ##..R8..........##..2Rh.........##...R2..R9..R9.....## ##..78T01234567.##.xVc..........##.aV1.bV5.cV1......## ##..mV7.........##..............##..................## #o.octave.......##.Y.coord......##.randomize.bpm....o# ##..R8..........##..2Rh.........##.aC...............## ##..08T01234567.##.yVg..........##..28T*............## ##..oV0.........##..............##.......3Kabc......## #o.note.........o#..............##....$APM:151......## ##..R8..........##..............##..................## ##..58T01234567.o#.generator....o#..................## ##..nV5.........##.2Kxy...3Kmon.o#..................o# ##..............##...cg6GDR:705.o#.NSDOS.22.03.2022.o# #o..............##..............##..................o#

Edit: corrected version on patchstorage:

5 Likes

This is a short tutorial on how I prefer to make the sidechain pumping effect, it sounds fantastic so it’s worth learning how to do it!

Also, I am aware that there have been videos made on how to do this. I enjoy creating these tutorials and I wanted to share exactly how I prefer to do it because I think it works best this way. By best I mean no audio artifacts from the Octatrack due to fast closing volume envelopes. Enjoy!

-Matthew (aka EZBOT)

23 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Beautiful. Another clear concise no bullshit practical tutorial.
Nice idea to use the filter instead of vol.

2 Likes

It is a lot cleaner right? It’s not just me?

I’m keen to give it a try! I thought it sounded clean in your video, I will have a play myself after work maybe if I get the chance. I really should use trigless trigs more often, they are super useful.

1 Like

Love it. Great tutorial. Is that marking tape on the bottom of your OT for scenes? That’s a great idea.

1 Like

It sure is, I mostly use the same project file for all my performances- I just keep tweaking it a bit.

1 Like

I started using mixer tape (got a deal on a package of multi neon colored mixer tape right before the lockdown)… But this is a great idea to get even more organized. I hardly ever use scenes because I forget what I assigned to them. Having a more focused would help.
Thanx again.

1 Like

One question… I don’t very often use a typical 4/4 drum beat. If the beats are spaced differently would i need to change the speed of the lfo? Almost every sidechaining tutorial I’ve seen uses 4/4 bass drum’s.

1 Like

No just place the trigs so they match your kick pattern.

1 Like

Yep! What he said

Sidechain-less sidechain p. effect with trig-less trigs … :thinking: … there seems to be a pattern … :smiley:

The LFO gets retriggered at each trigless trig you set. With the speed you can vary how long it takes to fade back to the normal filter settings after each trigless trig.

2 Likes

Which could be interesting. That was what I was thinking. If you use math you could possibly get more precise, but I’ prolly over thinking it.

1 Like

I experienced this too (on AR), adding trig conditions.

When the kick is off, side chain fx is off.
Track 1 Kick, /FILL TRCs
Track 2 audio with Side chain, trigless, NEI TRCs.

When you use FILL with page, the kick is cut, and NEI trigless to, so no more side chain.
-23/384 Microtiming can be used for the first trigless after a regular trig.

4 Likes

46 posts were merged into an existing topic: Live coding the Digitone with ORCA (multi-map)