EZBOT's Tutorials and Templates

Hi folks,

This thread is dedicated to sharing the tutorials I’ve made for Elektron devices and the Octatrack performance templates I’ve created over the years. Thank you for the kind words and support. Let’s keep making bangers. <3

3 Likes

Been a while since I made a video so I thought I would make a series of short tutorials to get back into the swing of things. The first one is with the Octatrack. It’s fairly short and gets strait to the point. Hope someone gets something out of it.

17 Likes

Nice! I like to do kicks on the Analog Keys/4 , but I’ll give the OT a try … we can’t save the sound as a preset though, that’s a pity, because it sounds good (I know I can resample but I always start with a kick and change its sound to adapt it as I progress)

1 Like

I understand that completely! I am gonna make a video about creating sample chains using your synthesized drums, that you definitely can’t do on the A4 :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks for doing this!

1 Like

Hey, thanks for saying that :slight_smile:

1 Like

My 2 cents : instead of using an lfo on pitch, you can use an lfo on rate. You can get same results, with a much wider range for low end, and a faster pitch sweep.

Set Pitch to +12 and Rate to the lowest frequency you want to hear.
Exp One lfo

5 Likes

very nice sounding kick! the exponential envelope on the filter width really was the finishing touch. it might have been informative to hear what it sounded like between all those steps instead of only auditing it after it was already almost finished - just a suggestion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I left the rate out of it because I wanted to have some room for tuning the kick to your music. Lowering the rate using this formula allows you to pitch the kick down passed the 1 octave transpose without re-sampling. I tried it the way you mentioned and it sounded awesome btw!

1 Like

Agreed! I could have started with that sound and than worked up to how to achieve it. I’ll do that with the snare after I finish it.

He went through the whole process pretty much step by step.
What did you miss?

Nice video btw! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still possible to tune with Rate or Pitch. :wink:

Just one thing on your amp envelope, it cut too fast with a bit of decay/release you should get your kick better.
(from what I heard) - it’s usually better (smooth) when we feel the tail of the kick.
(like Sinewave on the LFO instead of a square if you can’t try a very little reverb short, low in volume like it’s not there…)

Cheers

2 Likes

didn’t miss anything, it was explained well! would’ve just been nice to hear the sound evolve between the steps, that’s all :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice to the point video.
Sounds punchy.
The exact parameter settings are up to taste, everyone likes different kick drums :slight_smile:

1 Like

ThAnk you !

1 Like

Ummmm what. WHAT. Crazy!
Thanks for sharing, this is great!

(Also, top notch narration. You could definitely do an OT ASMR channel.) :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! Haha, ASMR coming right up!

1 Like

Another drum synthesis video!

I am rather pleased with how this turned out. Hope you like it.

15 Likes