Extreme Metal Music

Black, Death, Grind, Power Violence etc. Been having a period when I almost only listened to very fast and brutal rock music. I liked to to so since the late 80s. Tell me your faves and stories about insanely hard metal please.
Marduk released a new LP recently and its totally fucking awesome. So I start off with a track from that.

7 Likes

This is a parody, right? So funny… :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha I think its both funny and not funny. Totally relentless drumming.

2 Likes

I had to check if the drummer for real of it’s a drum machine ratcheting, looks like he’s for real :open_mouth:

5 Likes

My favourite metal song of all time:

8 Likes

Ignore the ginger idiot and baying sheep and skip to 1:44 for pure Napalm perfection.

9 Likes

I think this is the most interesting and out there metal band at the moment.
The production and vision are outstanding.

6 Likes

In more recent years I started to listen to more extreme metal, and finding lots of great songs on youtube. I haven’t been to any live concerts in a few years and I would like to see some live bands again. Last time was At the Gates in 2021 I think.
I’ll share some I really dig!

This one gets more headbangy the longer it goes:

technical and brutal but also melodic some ways in

nice mix of melody/heavy/technical

The perfect headbanging song!

These guys are good!

ok just one more, very headbang friendly

2 Likes
13 Likes

Sunn O))) live is a thing to behold.

I am going to see these legends tomorrow night, new album is good:

6 Likes
7 Likes

Not sure how extreme this is but when a mate first loaned me the CD I definitely wondered if my speakers were extremely broken for a minute.

8 Likes

I just love Behemoth’s “The Satanist” album, it’s perfect. I’m working on covering the opening song on synths.

4 Likes

Love everything EW. Im guessing there is many definitions of extreme in metal but I like to use it with stuff thats connected to the styles created in the 80s when peoples ambition was to really push the limits and be as fast and brutal as possible. But anything goes. I just started the thread to hear cool stuff thats new to me. You should check out Corrupted!

2 Likes

Wow that sounds incredible! Never heard of them though I kind of come from the same town.

1 Like

Found this CD at a fleamarket this summer behind a Dolly Parton. Very weird and pure evil.

3 Likes

True Swedish Death Metal. 1990

Yeah, great band. Not fast of course, but still fair game for the thread in their own way IMO.

1 Like

Yeah. It goes way beyond what I’m used to expect from metal music, or music in general for that matter.

Refreshing.

1 Like

Weird that I never heard them and weird with catholic BM from Sweden.

1 Like