Extreme Metal Music

Blut aus Nord

2 Likes

too good @.@

5 Likes
3 Likes

At about the 40 minute mark, during the silent wall of death is when I get elbowed in the face and fall on my ass.

Not bad for 30-something I think. I was there to see the headliner Gorguts, but Origin put on a great show.

Iā€™ve been fortunate enough to also see Opeth, Dimmu Borgir, Fear Factory, Ministry, and a bunch of others. Iā€™m hoping to get punched in the face at a Municipal Waste or Archspire show sometime soon.

3 Likes

Interesting lyrics about digitalization
I also liked pungent stench

4 Likes
3 Likes

eternally supreme.

5 Likes

I was in a Darksynth Death Core band briefly last yearā€¦ long enough to record a video. Great guys and it was a good time. My neck was sore for like two weeks after we filmed this :joy:.

The synths I used on the track were mainly a System 8 and Take 5ā€¦ but my Roland D-50 is my live workhorse and my first love so I really wanted to rock it in the video haha.

4 Likes

I come here to recommend CJ Mahonā€™s scream and this now feels like pop music compared to some of this. Anyway. Glad to know thereā€™s a few fellow riffsurfers around here. Enjoy :joy:

1 Like

Cool man this is in my liked videos list on Youtube, I check in on Slam Worldwide every now and them for my brutal metal needs! Fun to see it pop up here!

Love this. Perfect songname. I counter with Xasthur. Never get tired of prison of mirrors. Makes me wanna dig a hole in the woods, lie down and let the maggots in every time.

5 Likes

Fenriz. The coolest and smartest dude in black metal. He got a plastikman tattoo. Personally I dont judge people ā€selling outā€ but I respect him so much for just doing what he feels are wholesome and real and makes him feel good. If someone is TRVE in norwegian BM its him. HAIL DARKTHRONE.

8 Likes

My connection to extreme music came from the punk side, so most of the stuff I listen to that crosses over into metal are bands that are still somewhat connected to the punk scene. Lots of good grind in that area tho.

This is one of my all time favorite albums

3 Likes

I got to see Behemoth live a few years ago. They arenā€™t always my cup of tea but the show was incredible.

I generally gravitate heavily towards black metal, especially the shoegaze-influenced stuff (Alcest, Oathbreaker, deafheaven etc). Lately though Iā€™ve been listening to some technical death metal type stuff. The first album by Warforged is beautiful, terrifying music. It feels like horror music in a good way.

1 Like

Iā€™ll just leave this here:

4 Likes

Also: donā€™t forget the brilliance of Cattle Decapitation.

4 Likes
1 Like

Black

Grind

Sludge

6 Likes

Alan Dubin is my favourite Metal vocalist.

2 Likes

Paysage dā€™Hiver is good stuff!!

2 Likes