External Controllers and encoder DEST

I posted this in the Dataline Syntakt thread, but figured it may be useful to some on its own.

I’ve been inspired to maybe grab a Faderfox or some other knobby controller for macro controls on the Syntakt (and maybe other gear, too). The only issue I always have with Elektron gear and external controllers is the lack of pickup mode for CC. Though, if I understand it correctly, couldn’t I set the ENCODER DEST to send out while also receiving, then if I tweaked the encoder slightly, it would also change the external one’s value? Or would that create an encoder loop?

How are people using things like the FF where the knobs aren’t endless and there’s no JUMP or PICKUP mode for the knobs?

2 Likes

I’ve been looking into this since you posted it and the Faderfox apparently has its own version of catch mode, but I’m not sure whether it actually works though.

1 Like

For being a $350 box of knobs, I def. wanna know it works before I buy it. Hah.

1 Like

I’m gonna bump this to see if anyone has any ideas. If it is possible to have the encoder DEST sort of work like the OT CC recall thing, that’d be dope.

Using Midi Fighter Twister here and it works the way you want.
I think EC4 should also work as this

Are you using it with the OT CC send or with the Encoder DEST on a Digi box?

Both :wink:

1 Like

…i’m really havin’ a hard time to get this work with a doepfer pocket dial…

the doepfer pd manual is hyper cryptic and i really lost every clue about this combo by now…
really would love to make this work without spending another 250 bux for the faderfox and spent this old luxury tank controler a new mission in it’s sonic life instead…

no idea left where to start…so any hints and tips would be appreciated big time…

how do i make sure, the syntakt is adressed right for starters…
auto channel 14…ok…fine…and now?..what else to set up in the st to take over the level knob function in the breathcontrol/pitchbend/modulation makro menus by any external controler…?

puh…really lost here…