Dataline's Syntakt Experience

thereā€™s bound to be some really smart things that could be done with the modifier paradigm in the future.

we should start a thread.

a simple one - instead of the way retrig affects a single track, if you could have a mode where modifiers could loop a defined amount of trigs relative to the position in the pattern. effecting all tracks. a bit like OT delay ctrl. thatā€™d be cool.

3 Likes

You could even say Elektron released anotherā€¦sampler :grinning:

15 Likes

Very nice demo, and thanks for the honest post, Cenk :+1:

4 Likes

Sounding good!

Yeah. This kind of makes me want a Faderfox. The only issue I always have with Elektron gear and external controllers is the lack of pickup mode for CC. Though, if I understand it correctly, couldnā€™t I set the ENCODER DEST to send out while also receiving, then if I tweaked the encoder slightly, it would also change the external one? Or would that create an encoder loop?

2 Likes

Cenk one of us again.

harsh but fair :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

The only answer I can give here is ā€œfuck knowsā€.

1 Like

I got the ST on first date because it fits my current needs like a glove, but you canā€™t deny the overall Cenkā€™s point of ST being a very conservative deviceā€¦
I just took a quick random listen to the EP songs and looks really great, worth purchasing by the music alone :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Miket bre! :smiley:

For a (long time) Elektron user who uses multiple Elektron devices , yes, but for those who just plunged into the Elektron world, the Syntakt is relatively innovative and awesome.

15 Likes

Iā€™m having a nonstop blast with this thing but I must admit that I could sure find some use for a second filter on the analog tracks.

3 Likes

You have it, if you use the one from the AFX track :wink:

5 Likes

Great video ā€¦ thanks ā€¦ very inspiring, what a master can get out of this box ā€¦

After one week on the ST myself I dare to say there have been some hidden gems for me. As you pointed out the Clap is interesting. I turned the pitch very low, made the ā€œratchetingā€ rate quite high, got some modulation on some parameters and this thing was going ā€œformantā€.

3 Likes

does the analog rytm have two filters per track?

One filter

1 Like

thought so! which device has two filters per track (analog). Analog four?

1 Like

yes

1 Like

donā€™t think ST is attempting to go into analog four territory, more rytm + cycles

1 Like

Brutally honest now heā€™s not attached to Elektron.

12 Likes

DT + DN have two filters per track