Exquisite Corpse open challenge (no voting, no deadline) CANCELLED

And Away WE GO!!!

Five Teams!

Coming together like Voltron! (technically an exquisite corpse)

I have posted all the team members and the samples that must be used to create a track.

It can be manipulated and buried, or highlighted and upfront.

But every sample has to be involved. Everything else is up to the teams on how they would like to work.

You choose Genre, BPM… or not. You can add a tempo change (and a one bar riser to make a transition) and you can mash up genre…

sometimes it starts out a little bit country, but ends up a little bit Rock n’ Roll.

I recommend one of two approaches, or a mixture between the two.

A) Getting the band back together!

You could each take a part, and improvise with each other. Someone takes the bass, another the lead, and last the drums. Passing .wavs and layering each part.

OR!

2: Lone Wolf McQuades

Everyone take a section of the song, and each part highlights the individual’s full talents. Each producer uses all three samples in different ways, and makes transitions between each others parts…

Still coming together to produce the transitions or drops.

These are just suggestions.

Here is whats next. In 2 WEEKS, JULY 23RD Everyteam must submit a snapshot of how the project is going… It doesnt have to be revealing, or if you want to throw out some sketch that didn’t make it… whatever, just post something in the thread, something to give us a peek at how the team is doing… just a check in.

a little taste… just to wet our beak

ALRIGHT. Game is on!!!

Have fun and be kind to each other!

Its just a game amongst friends.

Ask if you have any questions!

3 Likes

Team 1)

@malus_mons

@Maisin

@monquixote

4 Likes

Team B:

@DrOrthogonal

@elxsound

@1-2

https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/short-url/cq0fxJW0i0AIA5KCNfToNO8rnhX.zip

3 Likes

Third Team-

@natehorn

@aarb420

@emadb

3 Likes

4th Team.

@jdaddyaz

@dhunterrr

beastie.aif (544.9 KB)

@KingDuppy

King Duppy—Exquisite Corpses Surfy Spy Spaghetti Guitar.wav - Google Drive

4 Likes

A Team Makes Five/

@jeye_musik

@thermionic

thermionic_rhythm_exquisite_corpse_D12 [2023-01-13 151047].wav - Google Drive

@bodymechanics

1 Like

I hope I got all the sounds associated with everyone right, and I hope I didn’t miss anyone…

Let me know, and I’ll make the adjustment.

YO! I’m Excited! The teams came out great! and they are STACKED.

5 Likes

Let’s go!

4 Likes

Go Team M People!

4 Likes

Haha. You noticed!

A little light curation of the teams.

2 Likes

We will move on up and search for the heroes inside.

5 Likes

Happy to be on board with @natehorn and @aarb420

This week I’m on holiday, but I can follow the thread and discussions. I’ll be back next sunday.

3 Likes

Little Battle Bump… Just checking in with the teams…

We got a player that wants in the game if anyine wants to trake on a fourth?

@OrangeDrink wants to bring the guitar!

It seems like summer is a busy time for people, so this is going to have softer deadlines to accomodate the team aspect.

Currently team M haven’t made a lot of progress and are unlikely to for a week or so due to holidays and such.

1 Like

I figured…

I might remove the deadlines completly, and make this a guided open challenge…

This is a but too involved for summer.

@monquixote you think thats a good idea? I like your input.

2 Likes

Some kind of deadline makes sense, but maybe late August or something?

4 Likes

Well. With battles taken place and no interaction here…

This one’s looking like a lame duck.

Sorry y’all. Maybe next time.

Have fun and good luck!

The team I am on has three short tracks going already, I have 3 started myself using the group’s material and ready to flesh out.

Life has been quite busy, but I would make sure to honor my commitment, and could probably finish something for the other battle too - for the last one I made it on the very last day, it wasn’t the greatest but I got something out

3 Likes

I hadn’t heard anything from anyone

@monquixote said his team hasn’t talked at all, wanted an extension to August, and now the new hip hop battle has the same deadlines.

I’ll make it an open challenge so your work isn’t wasted.

2 Likes

It wouldn’t feel wasted, it is nothing special and I was just getting started. Mostly just having fun and struggling to incorporate the silly sample I chose and experimenting with a couple of new things

I just thought I’d let you know at least 3 people have started on something

If people want to continue this, I see no reason to rush it, probably takes longer to coridinate the back and forth of teams and such

For the record I am very into it, hoping to get some music flowing with other people - and if this falls through I hope something else will get going in the future

2 Likes