Expressive E Touché

Well, I’m sure that the novelty wears off after a while. :slight_smile:

While setting them up can be a chore the original supports hardware presets which can be loaded so that can certainly make it easier and faster.

2 Likes

fwiw, Expressive E is actively working on software and firmware, so there’s definitely potential for streamlining workflow of tweaking configuration

2 Likes

Has anybody compared the SE and non-SE side by side in terms of build quality? I have the feeling the non-SE has a little too wobbly / cheap build quality on the lower end (buttons / knob).

My touche se arrived today. I haven’t gotten into using it as an “instrument” that much. But what I have noticed while fiddling around with the presets is that you have to practice using it.

What I have done more though is using it as a controller in studio one. I had it control reverb dry/wet, saturation, filter and trash2 conv on its 4 axis for one channel and instantly fell in love. It was so fun and so musical controlling the parameters. And there was so much variation. On one single channel. I just sat there letting a looped region play, just messing around. Using this thing on multiple channels throughout will be amazing!

And maybe I’ll even use it for what its normally intended for also :grin:

3 Likes

Hi Carl Mikael,
Great video about the SE in combination with hardware synths. I both have Blokas Midihub and Retrokits RK-006, so midi hosting is no issue. But in the beginning you mentioned you wrote some code. Would this be necessary too with for example the RK-006 (or any other midi host device) ?

Point is: 160 euro difference between the original and the SE is quite a bit of money, however, I’m prepared to pay the difference in case the original is more ‘user-friendly’. If no coding is required, I might as well save the money and get the SE anyway.

What are your thoughts ?

Thanks in advance,

Vinnie

Hey!

(edited w/ a third paragraph)

This was a while ago. And I’m not sure what I did. Re-watching the video, I’m not sure what you mean by coding. Where do I say this? Can you post a time stamp?

As far as I recall, the only real difference between the two versions is that the SE relies on USB midi. Whereas the original is more equipped when it comes to in/out.

OK. I have several videos in this thread. The scripting done is made rather in relation to the FH-1 CV/Midi interface for eurorack and doesn’t really have to do with the Touché… SE or original.

1 Like

I recently rediscovered the Touché because of the Osmose release and got one today. This is such an interesting and beautifully designed instrument. So far I’ve experimented using it with Serum and Plaits and after just a few hours I feel like I’ve rediscovered the physicality of making music again.

Touché really shines when you start interacting with vcas, it gives everything that cello chords vibes !

probably 20months too late for you Brett, but just in case it’s useful for anyone (else),

just wrote about this here

Not sure i understand what you mean, but in case i do the Haken CVC is output only.

An option for using the Expressive E Touché CV outputs with the Eagan Matrix, would be to use the Eagan Matrix Module which has CV inputs.

ah, I thought the cvc also had inputs… oh well, EMM or midi then :slight_smile:

as was discussed on the topic though, really the Touche doesn’t add much over the touch area, when using osmose or continuum - so not a big deal.