Expressive E Osmose

You were dodging VAT through a business account weren’t you? Wonder if that would have something to do with it - not sure of the process!. Looking forward to finally getting my hands on an Osmose though. 3 years! What a wait!

VAT is included in the price we paid I think (so technically I can claim it back as I am VAT registered)

1 Like

Ah that was it, you’d be claiming it back. I’ve got this flu thing going around and my head is mush :joy:

I’m thinking about putting a stop to my alcoholism and using the savings for this thing. It seems perfect.

3 Likes

Were you on a waitlist? Or just the normal Expressive E mailing list?

I think it was a generic mail I got. Just said some folk decided not to take their order so I could take their place.

Should note that there’sa chance I still miss the available ones though. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow

1 Like

Blade Runner

3 Likes

I love the low synth notes produced by the EM, which make the room vibrate as much as a true analog synth.

The thing I had much fun with so far are the “octave 12st” patches such as “basuri” or “yokobue”. While you hold a note, the neighbours are not the next semitones but quarter tones (an so do the neightbour 12 notes): it feels great playing some non-Western scales like this.

3 Likes

So like while one key is down it becomes microtonal for the others but is normal until the first one is pressed?

Exactly. Brilliant implementation IMO.
It seems you can choose the spread of such behavior: some patches are displaying this on -12/+12 while others are on -2/+2 so that you can play close notes simultaneously and add a microtonal trill on the third.
Really good work.

Some patches sound a bit to digital to my taste, but I’ll try external FX later.
So much fun right now discovering this, feeling every finger doing it’s own thing ^^

1 Like

That’s pretty neat having finer discrete pitch resolution as you zero in on a target note.

Edit: This reminds me I had an idea for a 1/4 tone bending increment control setup for the Roland Aerophone around a particular tone.

1 Like

Am I the only person in the world to own 2 Osmose ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

You didn’t?!?!

Did you…….?

1 Like

That is unfair! Perhaps the second box is the Osmose bag/case :rofl:
My Osmose has reached the Netherlands … FedEx is looking after it about 20km from here. There might be a (very) small chance they deliver the packages today … I can hope :innocent:

Hahaha, I didn’t. They did. Delivery mistake.
I made a very small order (a splitter USB cable) just before, and the address was wrong, so the parcel went back to them. I contacted them to fix the issue, and they sent the wrong item !
No need to say that I already contacted them, so this wonderful instrument can end in the right hands !

9 Likes

I enjoyed that. Favourite demo I’ve heard from it so far.

Just woke up, got an SMS and BAM massive Box is sitting in front of the door. It is here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::raised_hands::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

You gonna spend a great day !
I’m a bit frustrated (holidays with two kids), as I will have to wait a few days to properly spend time with it.

2 Likes

Mine arrived this morning. Can’t wait for the evening so I can dive in!