Expressive E Osmose

a little markdown reference by its inventor: Daring Fireball: Markdown

1 Like

Thanks thats comforting. plastic still on the screen I see ;-)? not sure if its a keeper yet?

Hahaha, old habit from the past.
Not sure if I keep it or if I switch it for a Continuum ! Almost serious.
Seriously, after one day, it’s still too soon, but it seems to fulfill all my expectations. I’m currently lost in the (Eagan)Matrix.

While watching videos about the Eagan Matrix, I happened to find this particular video, which is probably the origin of Osmose. I thought I’d share it here :

2 Likes

Received tracking from Fedex, from France to the Netherlands a few minutes ago.

Delivery scheduled for Tuesday 3rd. If all goes well, great start of the new year.

The order reference page shows the following stages:
12/26/2022|Processing in progress
12/26/2022|Payment accepted
12/16/2022|On backorder (paid)
12/16/2022|On backorder (not paid)
12/16/2022|En attente de paiement par Carte de Crédit
That is not bad, considering we’re in middle of the Xmas/new year break.

Got the FedEx tracking also today. Funnily enough the weight of this thing is apparently only 200g :smiley:

1 Like

Someone is doing a live stream in french in about 40 minutes:

2 Likes

id say that pretty disingenuous to the expressive-e guys, this was a pretty simple/straightforward hack… and the idea of an expressive keyboard dates back well before this too… both touch keys and roli as examples.
from what I remember about this when Peter presented it… it was actually just that he wanted a keyboard interface to his continuum, not so much expressive play … e.g. you cannot get a Y axis, not vibrato iirc - its purely pressure/velocity.

amusingly, when I first saw this video years ago… it reminded me of the cheap plastic musical keyboard overlays we used to have on things like the Commodore 64 :laughing:

anyway, I don’t think the Osmose took anything inspiration from this, rather more likely chasing the same ideal, as Roli/Touch Keys did… expression but with a familiar piano keyboard layout.

3 Likes

There’s also the Ondes Martenot which I believe was cited as one of the inspirations for the Continuum:

Some versions also had the key wiggling vibrato.

Interesting that he pronounces it “Os-mos-uh”

I watched the whole video, 95% of talking but some sounds can be heard here and there

1 Like

I might have missed it but he didn’t play with the arpeggiator. Shame if that’s the case, as it has some interesting features.

I dropped as I was getting lunch but it’s not too surprising some things would be missed.

He basically unboxed it live so it’s going to be a bit different then when the synthfluencers start sending out more polished preprepared videos after having time to explore it.

really fits his style!

6 Likes

That’s so cool :slight_smile:

Another sound demo video:

Urge to buy rising…

1 Like

@gezz what was your order nr? I have the exact same status updates on my reference page (1 day later than you, processing in progress since 27/12) but no shipping notification yet…

Received mine this morning.
Haven’t updated the firmware yet but so far, wow.

1 Like

stoked and jealous! hope mine comes soon. i checked the quickstart manual, but as far as I can tell there is not FX page? to e.g. put reverb on the sounds? not that this is a problem since I have a lot of fx pedals, but still wondering?

EDIT: nevermind, I read again and see there’s a global fx tab

1 Like

What a surprise today!!! Earlier than expected and announced in Germany.

3 Likes