Expressive E Osmose

Soooo… is it summer yet ?

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted a hardware physical modeling synth, and the tight integration with such a sensitive interface makes it a really appealing instrument. I also have a MPE capable synth, so this would be the perfect controller for that as well. It’s the kind of thing that I don’t think I would ever get at full price, but the discount made it too tempting. Really looking forward to digging in to that sound engine

1 Like

Which one?

I wonder if that’s the final iteration of the design

2 Likes

Yes, the final design includes a “happy holidays” decal on top of the display that cannot be removed

7 Likes

Looks like an RGB screen anyway!

Deckard’s Dream

1 Like

the picture is from that email

very interesting - I wouldn’t think there is much time for this kind of changes. How long before production are changes possible (if we get the hardware in summer…)?

the eager matrix (sound generation) was running on the DSP board from a haken continuum.
( i suspect it’ll be the same for production model, possibly slightly modified?)

the software you see running on the computer is the matrix editor - and that will essentially be the same on the Osmose.

so this side is, id think, pretty close…

the control section (screen , encoders etc) were dummied up, so these will have to be hooked into the DSP as ‘performance controls’.

i believe they said the keybed/action was pretty much done.

so i think its quite a bit further than ‘proof of concept’ - more like they have most of the parts, but now need to fit them all together.

I’d also assume, as they do this, they will have to make changes/updates to reflect the realities of production in large numbers.

so lots to do… and it’ll be interesting to hear their updates… follow them on their journey.

2 Likes

Orac on the Osmose perhaps? :grin:

Though I think Eagan is on a dedicated CPU not a PD friendly Linux environment …

lol, yeah special DSP - that us mere mortals don’t have access to :wink:

Will be interesting to see what an new influx of Eagan matrix users will bring to that community - does it develop much or is it more of a celemony approach?

A little disappointing. I’m still on the fence with my preorder!

ha, i’m happy they’re hard at work with our deposits! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hopefully see something more over next month or two or at least at Superbooth I guess

True. I have considered sticking with things and making a call after receiving it. I won’t lose much (if anything) on the second hand market.

And yeah, no more “celeb in awe” videos! I’m sure they’ll come a point when a short pre production run will be shared with the usuals though.

1 Like

There is a new version from the Haken synth engine and they are working on additive resynthesis or something like that .

2 Likes

NAMM is no longer a “must-go” convention for synth makers, especially those based in Europe, and hasn’t been for several years now. Musikmesse took that away, and now we have Superbooth and other meetups, events, etc. too

A third video out with Junkie XL as well

Interesting. I never got an email!

Edit: scratch that, in the junk mail!

1 Like