Expressive E Osmose

That’s not Osmose’s forte but it shows that Osmose is perfectly prog-capable.

I don’t operate in Rohan’s genre at all but I’ll steal some of those ideas regardless

Expressive has a sale running til June 4th 25 and they are offering refurbished ones with some wear for 1259€ (and also refurbished ones without optical wear for a bid more).

3 Likes

I’m tempted with a “very good condition” offer. Has anyone bought refurbished? Moreover what are the things that tend to fail on this synth?

1 st batch day one user here. Nothing has failed me so far.

2 Likes

Same here, still works and looks like new. Almost daily usage too.

1 Like

The octave and preset switches are vulnerable parts but given that you would buy it directly from EE, there is no issue.

1 Like

Sounds pretty exciting. Have never been brave enough to try and dive into the eaganmatrix, so I will be very excited for this.

1 Like

Will they be free?

1 Like

In the prev. video for 2.1 they said it was the first step in a series of significant free updates, so it sounds like it.
Although, tbh, this wasn’t a feature advertised when I bought it, so if it is free, it’s a bonus really.

1 Like

saw on the Expressive E Osmose facebook group that Richard Kram has released the beta of the Electra One MK2 Osmose controller.

edit: they just released a video for the controller

5 Likes

I’m noodling with an Osmose and Dawesome Audio Abyss (synth) and Love (FX) plugins and realizing that Dawesome Audio makes arguably the best soundware to use with the Osmose–even better than the internal sounds and Noisy 2. Most, or maybe all, of the presets are designed with MPE in mind and the interface makes it easier than any plugins I’ve used to assign modulations to nearly any parameter (and there are many). I love that “aftertouch” on the Osmose is automatically assigned to “slide” in the Dawesome software plugins, so it isn’t just more pressure. I’ll get back to my crazy soundscapes now, but thought some of you might want to know this if you haven’t tried Peter’s stuff (and no, I don’t know him, I just appreciate his software and bought all of it recently).

3 Likes

Teaser:

http://youtube.com/post/UgkxOnY_Y0NGbJveMNLvF7HVxCk_eRhHl2xw?si=bbtSUh60GKEE1Zhg

Hardware, or just software? I mean, the math is simple…

Five octave keyboard.

Five octave Osmose, you’d think.

5 Likes

I’m very interested in such a prospect, but a little gaaaaah about the likely price! I would really love one of these!

Is it possible to play ‘normal’ parts on these without too much trouble, or is it too different in terms of action compared to a normal keybed?

Its pretty easy to play normally- the feel is weighted synth to me- you obviously have the ‘wobble’ from side to side but that doesn’t stop you playing normally in my opinion, you get used to it…just turn of the MPE stuff in settings and it will play like a normal keyboard.

1 Like

Osmose by design lacks the resistance of a synth action key bed. So playing chord-intensive right-hand parts (think rock&pop piano) feels much less comfortable than on regular synths. It will work better for some styles than others. For playing melodies / solos and pads, the Osmose’s action pretty much feels like any synth, only better.

So it depends on how you define “normal” parts.

Given the size and weight of the Osmose at only 49 keys, I would not even want 61 keys.

3 Likes

20x3+1 61 keys

I hope that they are intelligent people and that monster come with the promised new bug-less firmware and easy programing to have a chance to sell them

1 Like

I’m hoping it’s a “slim” 61 key controller that is less spongy but with most of the expressiveness of the Osmose. I wasn’t particularly jazzed on the synth engine, so they can get rid of that as far as I’m concerned!

1 Like