Exporting Audio w/Sequencer Editing/effects etc

Hello hello

Basically what I wanted to know is if there is a way to export the audio files in such a way that they retain all the information and changes created with the sequencer, from all 64 possible steps (Including reversing rates, LFO movement on the effects, and other possible trig data.

Essentially what I want to do is take what I’ve made in the OT and export it in this way to mix and finish the track in a DAW.

Still touching base with a very complex machine, so any help would be epic

This is going to be a major part of my OT work flow too. As far as I can tell everything is automatable (i think you’ll need to use midi out > midi in to record fader moves) so in theory I’ll either -
Export each pattern, each track. Which will take forever on songs with a lot of patterns.

Or use arranger and sequence the full song with all automation then export 8 full length tracks in to daw.

Obviously this all has to be done realtime. No option of internal bounce on OT unless a very short song (due to ram size restriction…)

i don’t use it this way - i’m sure there are best practice solutions out there waiting to be typed as replies, but thinking off the top of my head …
if you (most likely) have one spare record buffer, you could replay your arrangement the required number of passes to capture each track sent to e.g.cue then save the results, then just change which tracks are cued (or select individual sources each time)
there may be nuances to a few approaches which will have some influence on what works for you, especially if using a master track

What you guys want… is not record the midi or something…
its a technique called Resampling…

as in

• You make something awesome on your octatrack:
  • Make your octatrack sample the main-out of the octatrack while doing the awesome things.
  • SAVE THE SAMPLE FROM BUFFER TO FILE!!
  • import file into daw

play around until its not fun anymore :slight_smile:

Ok yes, that makes sense. Thank man, I really appreciate it

Yeah this would work fine too. Still forced to do it in realtime passes tho so for me i think it’ll work out making more sense just to sync OT clock to daw and record one track at a time via OT main outputs, as that also allows use of external compressor/amp/effects/tape etc at the same time if I want to.
An internal ‘bounce individual tracks to stems on cf card’ (a one step operation, not resampling in real time etc) would still be very useful/quick as an occasional option but it seems like something that would have happened already if it was possible for elektron to throw it in an update and there are numerous workarounds so it’s not a deal breaker.