Transferring Octatrack audio tracks to computer?

I have my MPC touch send clock and trans to the OT so I can record everything in sync track by track. Not the worst way. kinda fun too. Then once its in the touch I can arrange alot easier and add more effects/automation.

Have you had a look at Clyph X ?

http://beatwise.proboards.com/thread/2958/select-arm-next-track-command

Yes; thank you. ClyphX is incredible, and I have used it a lot. I highly recommend it.

However, I am trying to stay away from as much third party stuff as possible, because I want to keep my life simple. :slight_smile:

When I was younger, I would do all kinds of wild scripting, etc. Now, I’m getting old lol.

1 Like

Hey ya’ll, quick question here… I’m about to pull the trigger and buy a OT MKii and I’m still not sure how I would go about exporting tracks from the OT into my DAW (Ableton 9.5). I’ve searched and whatnot but have yet to find a simple answer.

Can I export tracks from the OT via CF/USB straight into my laptop (OSX) or do I need to invest in a audio interface and record in ableton one track at a time? I currently have an OP-1 and for that you’re able to export everything via USB. Does the OT function similarly?

How do you fellow Octatrackers go about it in your own workflow chains? Let me know! Thanks again.

1 Like

Edit: @LyingDalai moved to thread with lots of good info; so what more do I have to add?

1 Like

@NeverTeen This question has already received answers in the past, please take the time to do a little search on this forum…

2 Likes

After an OT hiatus, I revisited this.

I made some edits to the above post:

Using follow actions, we no longer need MIDI loopback and fiddling with clips to launch the next scene.

If anyone tries this and figures out any other tips, then please share.

1 Like

I built a little mini DAW that exports audio and automation etc. from the Octatrack.

Didn’t seem to be much interest from cat’s though; so parked it for a bit. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Nice! Will check it out soon!

Release . When
?

The Ableton thing I have seems to be working well, except for the couple limitations I highlighted above.

If your thing could address those, then I, for one, FWIW, would be interested. :slight_smile:

It’s pretty much a DAW, so, yes / should do.

1 Like

Have you got a link to details that you shared about this? Sounds interesting.

1 Like

Something wicked this way comes

very, very old version; completely changed completely; can’t show anything newer for commercial reasons.

3 Likes

Can we draw cats instead of rabbits with it? :kissing_cat:

3 Likes

Draw whatever you like?

Like I said, that is a very, very old version / working PoC; since then, I basically developed a DAW instead; so it’s probably not all so relevant anymore?

3 Likes

I’m intrigued!! Look forward to hearing more about it!

1 Like

I would buy this today if able. Recording is the main drawback with the Octa imho. If this was released it would change my whole setup and save lots and lots of time. Super interested Rusty!!!

2 Likes

Like I said; that is a very, very old version; the whole thing has basically transmogrified into a DAW essentially; maybe I’ll pick it up again one day; but it is not near the top of my pipeline.

5 Likes

Why Elektron don’t have you on payroll Rusty I’ll never know

When you’re ready to share more info I’m super interested . Keep on keeping on !!

1 Like